Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia Booklet-2 Type:RX-75

Contributor
zainmw91
Accepted Solution

Nokia Booklet-2 Type:RX-75

I have a nokia booklet when ever i try to switich it on it hangs up at bios sometimes... or sometimes in windows.... when i switch it of by pressing the button when it hangs and try re-switiching it on the power light switich on but blank screen plus the 3g and bluetooth light blink and go off....i am situated in africa so its abit difficiult to re-send it to nokia repair center... does anyone know what the issue could be and how i could solve it? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
zainmw91

Re: Nokia Booklet-2 Type:RX-75

isnt their any1 who can help me on this issue?

could it be the cpu over heating quickly cause it does on after its been left for 1 hour or so but hangs once again? 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Nazalur

I have a problem of Booklet hangs on during its boot sometimes, but what I prefer to do - is to take off the battery, hold the Booklet for some time without it and place the battery back inside.
Usually it helps for me - Booklet starts up properly. When it use to do that again - I repeat the procedure.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
zainmw91

bro why would u wana have a laptop that keeps hanging lets say u was doing some work on ur e-mail or office and it hangs u have to re-start all that work again.. thats useless nokia havent put in enough effort on this version of booklet not letting the ram be expandable or the processer changable makes it useless to do anything well i found my issue its the harddrive change it and should work fine without hangs... plus the process on the nokia is rubbish... but oh well it was a client pc that i had to fix and i have manged to do tht and find the problem... sony vaio is the best to be honest..... nokia shuld put more effort in their booklet and support for 2 weeks i have got no support from a nokia senior member on this forums... abit useless init

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Nazalur

As for Vaio's design - I prefer more straight forms, I love Booklets design much more.
But what I am talking about - is BlueScreen when I'm playing with USB port or 3G modem malfunctioning.
That's not Nokia's fault - some USB devices are capable of hanging up any system, my desktop PC can easily be faulted by playing with USB port.
3G modem is unstable because of modem manufacturer construction issues.
Processor is soldered into motherboard to reduce power and cooling needs and I don't see any reason to change it - you can notice, that Booklet is passively cooled, imagine what will happen if you change the processor to another cooling-hungry model...
I agree, that memory is a bit pity to be soldered down - but again, that is all for power saving (memory socket and any additional obstacles between the chips and motherboard creates additional power loose because of resistance, just remember Ohm rule: the more resistance you have - the more power you need).

Booklet is capable to work appx 11 hours when reading document in WordPad on PowerSaver mode - you can have it in modern time device only by means of extreme power management economy only - modern thin and small enough batteries can't really provide much power, the only way you have is try to reduce power usage.
Cheers,
Alexey.
Please use plain text.