Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Booklet 3G and Windows 8

Contributor
checkm8

Nokia Booklet 3G and Windows 8

[ Edited ]

Hi everybody!

I've been reading this forum for a long time. I've already had two Booklets. First was the US version (beginning of 2010) and now I've been using another one, this time bought in EU.

I know it's slow but still it offers the combination of features that I really like so I hope I'll be able to use it for some more time.

Recently I've decided to try new release of Windows 8 Consumer Preview. Installed it without problems and have been running it for last couple of days.

There's one thing missing though and that's the thing I really liked and used a lot before - the fn+F10 key functionality. I've installed the "Nokia_Booklet3G_HotKey" before all other software, I've tried various combinations. No success. I can only use fn+F10 to turn on and off BT+3G+WiFi all together.

Here's why I decided to ask the Nokia Booklet 3G community for help and advice. Might be someone else tried to use Windows 8 and found a solution?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
JCinMijas

You not the first with this issue and I have asked a friend of mine in Nokia to look into that. Have two questions though, what is your screen resolution and secondly does your 3G modem work on the Booklet after the install of W8??

Please use plain text.
Contributor
checkm8

Screen resolution is the native 1280x720. 3G modem doesn't work with 5.1.37.0 Option driver but I made it work by installing 154_Driver-5_1_36_0-Installer from the Option website.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
JCinMijas

Thanks mate, going to give it a go then. The 3G modem functionality is essential to me so if it works with that driver - I'm happy :smileyhappy:

If this post has in anyway helped you, help others here in the community by clicking on the white star below and if appropriate - "also accept as solution"  :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
topherAniruddha

where did you get that driver, ? i had poor screen resolution too, and most of the metro apps doesn't work :smileysad: please guide me
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
topherAniruddha

I ever installed win 8 cp on my booklet too, but the graphics driver can not be installed on 
actually i like win 8 more than win 7, win 7 run slow on my booklet,,

any advice guys ? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
checkm8

[ Edited ]

For video I installed the last driver from Intel Support site - intel GMA 500 v.2030 for win7 using compatibility mode. Download it from here: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=3180〈=eng Since you cannot do better than native 1280x720 resolution many W8 apps won't work, that's true. That actually was not a problem for me.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
checkm8

It works. You also get this small tray app for managing your connection and SMS messaging. 

JCinMijas wrote:

Thanks mate, going to give it a go then. The 3G modem functionality is essential to me so if it works with that driver - I'm happy :smileyhappy:

------------
Please use plain text.
Sage

You may notice that at 1280x720, the metro apps may not start, due to low resoloution errors.

Set your screen res to 1024x768, the x768 is the minimum res its looking for.

Once your set to 1024x768, you should be good to go.

Absolutely correct on installing the driver. I downloaded the INTEL GMA 500 driver directly from Intel, as it is light years better then the old driver you can download from Nokia, and then run it in Win 7 Compatibility mode

My Nokia Function key driver doesn't even install, I get some install script error. It'd sure be nice to have it. As an alternative, ATT has its communication suite which can be used to manage both the WiFi (optionally)  and the 3G modem

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Red185

Hello,
How exactly did you get this to work? Device manager still reads no driver for me? (Using 5.1.36 from Option Website - http://www.option.com/en/support/software-download/gtm382w/)
Thanks
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Doesntmatter

Dear co-sufferers,

I have found a way to have hotkeys working: the trick was to run hot-key installer as administrator, in windows 7 compatibility mode :smileyhappy:

Enjoy

DM

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
drawonmycar

Hello EASYV,

long time ago, but thank you! The graphics driver you mentioned works very well and I was looking a long time for a solution.

best regards

drawonmycar

Please use plain text.
dharmawick_94

can you please tell me where can i download drivrsfor windows 8 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
nj15

dharmawick_94 wrote:

can you please tell me where can i download drivrsfor windows 8 

Welcome to NSD Forums, dharmawick_94.

The Nokia Booklet 3G was released a couple of years ahead of Windows 8 and Nokia did not release certified drivers for it as expected.