Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia CK7W Wiring

Contributor
tcawley29

Nokia CK7W Wiring

Hi,

I am trying to wire a nokia ck-7w handsfree into my 2006 toyota corolla hatchback (non jbl, non amplified). I do not want to buy any pre built lead because they are too expensive. I am going to make my own using this relay

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/150733757582?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

The hands free will:

Mute the radio when there is an incoming all

and it will play the call throught the front speakers of the car.

In order to do this i need to know the wiring layout for the power and speaker looms behind the cd player. I am confident that i will be able to do this if someone can provide me with the wiring diagrams for the looms behind the cd player because i have had previous experience with a soldering iron.

Many Thanks

Tommy

P.S My final set up will be similar to these attached pictures.

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
confiture

The adaptor for this car is between £5 and £10. STRONG advice would be not to attack the wiring of the car. I would also advise against installing the CK-7W.

It was discontinued 4 years ago because of incompatiblity with most modern handsets over Bluetooth.

The CK-100 or CK-200 would be the better products to install. Both come with an ISO loom that will connect to the car system using the £10 adaptor. The 100 will stream music, the 200 has a screen and will connect to two handsets at once.

A professional installer would be able to fit any of the above in under an hour, and ensure no damage to the car or its wiring, and that  the mic cable routes correctly past the curtain airbags in the A pillar which is a potential killer.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tcawley29

Cable is around 35 pounds for my car. Best price i could find on ebay anyways. Unlessof course you can link me the cable. May have been disconnected 4 years ago but it worked with my iphone when i had it in my last car so i was happy. I would absolutely love a ck100. Dad has one in his work truck and it was fantastic. Not interested in having it installed by a professional as i like to do this kind of work myself. Also no need to worry about curtain airbags because my car doesn't have them (I was suprised at this too). Thanks for the reply also :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tcawley29

spent a nice while thinking about this and have decided to buy a nokia ck-100. Is this hands free fully compatible with the Apple iPhone 3G 16GB running iOS 4.2.1 Thanks
Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
confiture

Yes, 100% compatible.

It comes with an ISO cable so you'll only need the ISO to Toyota adaptor. - these are under £10 on Ebay.

Another good product:  http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/holder/Apple+iPhone%203G-Brodit-Holder.asp

They also do vehicle specific, no damage mounting brackets.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tcawley29

Many thanks or your help. My dad says he will be able to get me a ck100 in the next few months. Yes i should get the iso cable for around a tenner on ebay so alls good there :smileytongue:

I can see your logic in buying that holder however im a student so a 5 euro one that fits into the vents will be more than good enough :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.