Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Nokia J (BH-806) issues

anaervig

Nokia J (BH-806) issues

(1) The redial feature is really not good (actually sucks). Nobody wears the clipholder i general use. You should solve this, also on items allready sold via firmware update, etc.

(2) On my iPhone I am not able to take a call via the headset. Pressing the button once actually rejects the incoming call, which also kind of sucks.

It is a stylish headset, but I am looking for a replacement that understands real use user needs.

Thx!

Employee
Ristok

Hi

Regarding 1). We have designed Nokia J to be used with the clip holder. By using the holder you achieve 3 months of stand by time and the convenience of answering a call by picking the headset up from the clip.

If you already have Nokia J in your ear when a call comes have you tried to answer the call by touching the surface of the button once, not pressing?

Registered Member
doctorniks

hi! i have bought a nokia bh-806 (nokia-J) bluetooth headset today. I charged it to full before using it, when the indicator turned green and it took 45 minutes approx for this process, and then used it. after just 15 min. its voice prompt message started playing to my ear that the battery is low. I again charged it and the battery became full in just 20 min. with the indicator turning green again.I used it hence and again LOW BATTERY message started playing in next 15min. Now, this cycle continues and the live talktime is just none. I am very much grieved at the very first day.Please help.

fric

[ Edited ]

Hi doctorniks. Did you resolve your issue? Mine also seems to have battery problems.

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
astra2025

[ Edited ]

Hi doctorniks, 

We are sorry about the possible battery problem you seem to be having. 

Here are some specs of a fully operative Nokia J headset: 

•Up to 2.5 hours of talk time with 15 minutes of charging

•The headset can be fully charged in one hour

•Up to 5 hours of talk time with one hour of charging

•100 hours of standby time when fully charged

•The headset switches off automatically if not connected to a device within 30 minutes

•The headset can stay in standby for 3 months when placed in the holder clip (AlwaysReady)

Make sure the headset stays in standby while it's not being used. 

Note: also ensure the headset stays in the clip holder for the whole charging period. 

I advise you to charge your headset for one hour and see if the issue disappears. If it persists and performance do not meet the points above, please contact your local service center or retailer for support. 

Regards, 

astra2025

Press the 'Accept Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Trailbandit

I'm not saying that this is why you are (were) having issues but do you remember whether or not you allowed a few hours for an initial charge?

Theoretically It's irrelevant but I'm just wondering.

Contributor
edembers

Suddenly my headset is not turning off when I put it back in the holder, so when I try to use it, the battery is flat. Has anyone else had this issue, or found a solution? It was working perfectly for the first several months.

Edward