Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia J aka BH-806

fipx

Nokia J aka BH-806

1. Is it possible to switch off last call redial function? I often unintentionally selected the last call. This will require only one touch of the button of hands-free. 

2. Also, wondering how to use earpiece set with additional ring?

3. Nokia Europe website says that sales package contains 6 earpieces - Two earpiece sets in each size (S, M & L). I have only five earpieces in my package. Bought from amazon.de

Please use plain text.
Headset_Guy

Hi,

Some answers:

1. It's not possible to turn off the redial. Storing the headset in it's provided holder when not in use prevents the unintentional calls.

2. The aditional ring is meant to be pointing somewhere into 7 or 8 a clock to prevent headset turning. It works for some and for some it doesn't. Choose the the one you more comfortable with.

3. The 6th ear bud (M size normal in ear) was already attached to your headset.

Please use plain text.
fipx

Thank you for the info.

I can not accept the answer to the third question. I bought two of the BH-806 headset at the same time. Both had inside the box a plastic bag with four earbuds (three with additional rings and one larger without ring). Plus one earbud attached to the headset. This makes a total of five, not six.

Please use plain text.
davedicko

I am trying to get  more info and availability of the nokia BH-806 "J" Headset,but nowhere seems to have it,even MobileFun's website lists it as Discontinued.How can this be so?Can anybody enligthen me? Cheers in advance..............Dave.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ee1518

[ Edited ]

"1. Is it possible to switch off last call redial function? I often unintentionally selected the last call. This will require only one touch of the button of hands-free. "

This is a major design flaw.

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Post was edited to remove unauthorized procedure which may cause unforeseen damaging side-effects, which in turn may invalidate the warranty of a Nokia headset; therefore we do not allow it to be discussed on an official Nokia forum.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ee1518

Fine. You can keep your stupid discussion board.

Instead of fixing the product, Nokia employees spend here time deleting messages that tell how to fix the product do-it-yourself.

Please use plain text.
anaervig

[ Edited ]

Hi Advisor,

I agree, it is a design flaw. Could you please advise about your workaround, eg. in some other community?

Thx!

Please use plain text.
anaervig

@Moderator: You would get so much more positive credibility if you just added your note/disclaimer to Advisors posting in stead of forcing customers to seek other places discussing your products.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
hotreeds

I am disappointed with the BH806 because of these earpieces. I have tried all of the ones supplied, and cannot find one that enables me to keep the headset in my ear for any length of time. Having paid almost £100 for this 'technical marvel' I am now thinking of getting something to replace it. A complaint to Nokia only elicited a bland reply with no suggestions as to whether ther the problem could be resolved.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ifankit0

Nokia J aka BH-806: Blue light flashing slowly, not pairing

Hi,

My new Nokia J headset is just blinking a blue light every 5 seconds or so and doing nothing since last night. is there a way i can reset the device? i have tired long press and all that stuff several times with no avail. 

Its not showing in the scan devices on any bluetooth device. 

plz help urgent.

Ankit

fipx wrote:

1. Is it possible to switch off last call redial function? I often unintentionally selected the last call. This will require only one touch of the button of hands-free. 

2. Also, wondering how to use earpiece set with additional ring?

3. Nokia Europe website says that sales package contains 6 earpieces - Two earpiece sets in each size (S, M & L). I have only five earpieces in my package. Bought from amazon.de

Please use plain text.
ocheretin

Re: Nokia J aka BH-806: Blue light flashing slowly, not pairing

I have exacly the same problem.

Blue light blinks every 5 sec, and thats all. I can't pair of, turn it off, nothing.

It won't turn off even if I'll insert it into its charing pod.

So, it happens after I andwer a call on my mobile, but instead of hear from ,y Nokia J bluetoooth its route it self to my phone, and then I can't switch it to my Nokia J.

After it, all I see is BLUE blinking light.

Was paired with the last Motorola Razr. Maybe it is because Motorola has 4.0 version of bluetooth, and software inside Nokia J, became crazy about it, and just don't know what to do, so it is blinking blinking and blinking?

anyway to reboot it?

Thanks!

Motorola Razr & Nokia J (BH-806)
Please use plain text.
_zup_

Hi Advisor
Can you please send again procedure how to disable this crazy redial feature.
My GF constantly repeats that I bought her useless gadget ( she called her boss few times ~2 am)

Otherwise I am going to use hammer to fix this prb :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
drsuchet

Re: Nokia J aka BH-806: Blue light flashing slowly, not pairing, not responding at all.

Exactly the same issue with my headset too. And Nokia care has replaced the headset once (they took 15 days for the same, and I was hadicapped for that time) , but again am having the same problem. Once the Nokia J headset hangs (anytime) Nothing can be done till the battery drains off on its own( which may take many days, if its full) and then recharge and reconnect it. Even after this you never know it may hang the next day :-/ and the cycle goes on. There is some manufacturing issue or what? But spending over Rs 5000/- and getting such issues is quite frustrating. Although it a great gadget except this issue.

I am a surgeon, and for me its an important gadget while at work. Getting time to visit nokia care is a big problem as of very busy professional schedule.

Dear Nokia people, please help with this genuine problem and provide some stable solution as soon as possible. 

Email: drsuchetchaudhary@live.in

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
drsuchet

Re: Nokia J aka BH-806: Blue light flashing slowly, not pairing

Same issue with me... Pleaseeeeeeee help :-(

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sn1ped

worst headset that I bought.

There is a design flaw and that is making those redial calls. The clip internals shrink and do not make contact with the headset and thus it is on even if its in the sleeve and thus I too am troubled with auto redial.

Nokia Care centers do not take this issue and are sending it back without a word. Worst customer service I have ever encountered for a Nokia product.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ynotamil

I thought that Nokia was only bad with smatphones. Look at N97 if in drought. That line of reasoning made me buy the BH-808 J Series. How can Nokia go wrong with such a tiny device? Very good idea and for my activity just what the doctor ordered. Three months down the line, I already regret my acqisition. The software/firmware is as bad, as unstable as any Nokia smatphone. Hangs very regularly, hangs my smatphone making me loose call after call, comes up with flashing lights that are not in the manual, takes forever to connect with the phone when a call comes in making me loose many calls, etc. This over and above the problem described above by ifankit0. Any manufacturer can make a mistake and release a device with flaws, just to release a fix as soon as they find the problem. But according to this thread Nokia knew, at least if not before, in Nov-2011 that the device hangs. Did they release a patch to fix that? Off course not, and in Sept 2012 (ten months latter) I bought one with the same flaw that should have been patches and fixed long before. Teaches me a lesson: keep away from anything that is Nokia.

ynot

Please use plain text.
Advisor
szlovak

[ Edited ]

Now I'm having an issue with redial function. It chooses randomly or with some strange way from wihich phone will it redial a call. I use Galaxy S3 and Nokia 112. Just great, now this button is useless for me

Please use plain text.