Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia MD-51W JBL PlayUp only works with old de...

Registered Member
gandhi2

Nokia MD-51W JBL PlayUp only works with old devices? Not working with HTC One X, Iphone, Samsung GS4

I've got this portable speaker and have used it for a while with an older Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR enabled phone, now switching to newer phone and the speaker connects, but no sound coming out of the speaker. Tried with various Bluetooth 3+ devices like HTC One X, Iphone, Samsung GS4 and the speaker is not working with any of them. Since higher Bluetooth versions are backward compatible with lower versioned devices, it should not be any problem I think. Running latest software on the speaker (same one as it was shipped with, 0.63). Any chances to get the speaker working with newer devices?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lbcarv

Re: Nokia MD-51W JBL PlayUp only works with old devices? Not working with HTC One X, Iphone, Samsung GS4

I have the same problem, using Nokia Lumia 820 or iPhone4. No sound from the speaker, even in bluetooth, NFC or cable connection. Did you solve your problem???

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: Nokia MD-51W JBL PlayUp only works with old devices? Not working with HTC One X, Iphone, Samsung GS4

hi mate, i have one of the speaker itself and haven't had any problems with it. are you sure Bluetooth on the phone itself is working properly (Try it with something else like sending photos etc).
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
nj15

lbcarv wrote:

I have the same problem, using Nokia Lumia 820 or iPhone4. No sound from the speaker, even in bluetooth, NFC or cable connection. Did you solve your problem???

Welcome to Nokia Discussions, lbcarv.

If there is no sound output coming out on all connecitivity mode, even on direct cable connection. I'd advise sending the device to the store of origin or to a Nokia Care Centre in your area.

Good luck