Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Nokia Play 360 stereo music unstable

Registered Member
Jehora

Nokia Play 360 stereo music unstable

When I connect my Lumia 820 the music plays fine in my two Nokia Play 360 speakers.

When I connect one of my win8 labtops through Bluetooth the music often drops out and the quality get very bad. If I connect with a minijack-cable or turn of one of the speakers the music stays fine without problems.

Any sugestions what I can do to tix it, so I can play in stereo from Xbox music on a win8 labtop? Tried to update the Bluetooth-driver, but it did not help!

/Jens

Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

I've tried a lot of devices and operating systems and every single time I found that using two Play 360 speakers resulted in volume dropouts every ten to thirty seconds. The amount of time before the dropout problem begins varies, it can be anything from one minute to half an hour.

Included device connections (over the past two years) include:

Symbian (N8 and 808)

WindowsPhone (Lumia 620, 720, 925, 1020)

Windows 8/8.1 (HP laptop and MacBook Air)

Ubuntu 12.4 (HP Laptop)

OSX latest and previous versions (MacBook Air)

I've seen mention of firmware updates for the speakers but I can't find anything official online.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
nj15

matthewleech wrote:

I've seen mention of firmware updates for the speakers but I can't find anything official online.

Firmware updating for the Nokia Play 360 can be accomodated at a Nokia Care Point.

Hi there,

I have the same problem. Unstable stereo with a windows 8.1 laptop and Lumia 820 and 925 (with wp 8.1 DP).

Here my results till now.

- Reset/clear speakers (Power and - ) does not solve it.

- If I use wifi (internet radio / Nokia MixRadio  / youtube etc) the problem appears sooner.

- If I use downloaded music the problem does only appear ones a while. (much less)

- If I swith off the Wifi and/or mobile data on my phone and play downloaded music the problems still is there.

- Looks as if the problem is less If I am near my router (strong WIFI??).

- Distance of phone to the speaker is not the problem. If the phone is on top of the speaker or 2 meters away in both cases I have the problem.

- Distance between the speakers is also not the problem. 50 cm or 6 meter give the problem.

-Still have to check if the problem also happens If I use mobile data.

The only way I do not have the problem is if I connect the left box via the 3.5 mm cable to my phone or laptop.

My best guess is that it is related to "interference/connection problem" of wifi and or bluetooth".

Furthermore I guess it is a kind of fundamentel problem with the Play 360 otherwise a solution should already be found. Maybe this is why the Nokia MD-51W (newer version) does not have the ability to pair with eachother.

Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

> Firmware updating for the Nokia Play 360 can be accomodated at a Nokia Care Point

I've spoken to six Nokia Care Points, been into three, left the speakers with one. The result: none of them will deal with out-of-warranty accessories in any way whatsoever.

I think I've had a total of five online chats with Nokia regarding this problem, and it wasn't until earlier this year that they suggested a firmware update at a Nokia Care Point, so I suspect that the solution has only recently been possible. Anyway, it was their suggestion, every time, to go to a Nokia Care Point which awalys proves to be pointless.

Today they said that any Nokia repair centre would be able to carry out the firmware update, such as Carphone Warehouse, so I called a couple of CPWs while still on chat to the Nokia online support, and both CPWs said they couldn't do it.

Nokia have now taken my contact details and said that their Service Recovery Team will call me.

*holds breath*

Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

After two years of trying to get this problem fixed Nokia have told me that they're not going to do it because the speakers are now out of warranty.

I originally reported the problem a couple of weeks after purchase but Nokia say they can't find a record of the issue.

Over the past two years I've been to four Nokia Care Points, called a few others, left speakers with NCP, had too many online chats and telephone calls with Nokia to count.

In my opinion that's pretty poor service.

So, here's my workaround for anybody that has the same problem with twin/stereo Play 360 dropouts: Switch off WiFi on the phone/device. It means you either have to be streaming over cellular data or have the music offline, and you're limited to no WiFi for any other phone function.
Please use plain text.