Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Purity Pro - switching on and off noise ...

Counsellor

Nokia Purity Pro - switching on and off noise cancellation manually

Hi,

Yesterday I received my Nokia Purity Pro headphones and while I'm really impressed with the build and the sound quality, I was surprised to learn that there seems to be no way to turn on and off noise cancellation manually (like it used to be on the BH-905i). 

This is a shame for two reasons:

- First of all I noticed that the sound quality is even better when the headphones are cable-connected and the active noise cancellation is thus switched off. When chilling at home, there's absolutely no need for me to have noise cancellation turned on, which is why I would like the option to pass it and opt for the better sound quality instead.

- Second, when travelling, I would like to cable-connect the headphones in order to save some battery power (not on the headphones, but on my Lumia 920) while at the same time I still want to be able to enjoy the benefits of active noise cancelling in a noisy environment (like on a train or plane).

I'm pretty sure those two scenarios aren't too far-fetched and many people will come across them while using their headphones. So here comes my question: Is there any way for you guys to add the option to manually turn on and off noise cancellation through some firmware update later on or is this is not possible at all?

Thanks for your efforts.

KR

Mazze

Please use plain text.
JaniBostrom

Re: Nokia Purity Pro - switching on and off noise cancellation manually

Hi Mazze. The ANC can be switched of by simultaneously pressing <previous track> and <less volume> keys.

To turn ANC on again refo the above. Note - the ANC will be turned on automatically again if you remove the headset from your head and put it back on. The idea is that you really do not need to turn ANC off. If you do you do it some special occasions. I hope this helps and give you the functionality you need.

Cheers, Jani Boström
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thanks Jani, that does the trick! Your support is much appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ViperAUG

[ Edited ]

Hello

Thank you for the anwser to a puzzling question.

I am just wondering if this is supposed to work in wired mode?

I hear it working over bluetooth but i can't seam to get it to work when i am using cable.

Regards Tim

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
patcfly

I also cannot disable ANC while listening plugged in. I am sitting at home listening to music from my computer and dont need any noise cancellation. Is the firmware upgradeable on these? They have a USB port....

Please use plain text.
technerd1

Hey,
I was wondering if you can use the ANC in the wired mode. Please tell if this is possible.
Regards,
Yatin
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Kithen

Hi. I am having some problems with my Nokia Purity Pro. It seems to turn the noise cancellation on and off after have been using it for about 10 minutes. It continues until I disconnect it from my phone for a while. If I connect it again (using bluetooth) it happens again after about 10 minutes and continues every 5 or 10 seconds until i shut it off. Even if I stops the music the click-sound when switching between noise cancellation and not continues.

Any idea? Or just a production error in my product?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
villeem

I have also similar problem. The disconnection does not happen so often. It happens especially when driving, i do not know why.

I got already a new product in warranty but same problem appears even with the new product.

Maybe something goes wrong with the automatic proximity sensor or software.

My wife experiences this problem much more often. She has a lot of hair so i estimate that the proximity sensor is not working properly. 

In any case it is evident that this product has not been tested in enough conditions and variations since this is not been taken into account.

If user would be able to switch ANC manually on so that it stays on despite the automatic functionality, it would solve problem. So hopefully Nokia can release new software that could be uploaded via the USB - i do not know if this is possible.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fakfeiz

I have the same issue and got new device from maintenance. This is really disappointing but typical Nokia style to let customers do the final testin. I got the Purity Pro mainly to be used in a car and since noise cancellation swhitches on and off ramdonly I decided to throw away the darn thing.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Miriql

In case someone stumbles here trying to figure out why the noise cancellation stopped working while wired, the device needs battery life in order for the cancellation to work. That's the reason why it seems to work only via BT, because the device has to be charged to be used in BT.

So no matter, wired or wireless, noise cancellation drains battery from the device.
Please use plain text.