Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia charger AC-3 and AC-3U.

Accepted Solution

Nokia charger AC-3 and AC-3U.

Is there a difference between AC-3 and AC-3U? I bought a nokia phone and it is stated in the manual that my phone is equipped and should be used with an AC-3 charger. But what I can see on my charger's label is an AC-3U. Or are they the same?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Nokia charger AC-3 and AC-3U.

It's the same thing. AC-3 is the type of charger, the "U" is the country code which decides which plug is on it.

For example:

AC-3U is for the US and other countries that use the same plug/voltage.

AC-3X is for the UK with the three pin plug.

AC-3E is for Europe with the two pin plug.
Please use plain text.

Nice!!! Thank you for taking effort clarifying this to me.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

You are welcome :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Any differences (other than design) between the AC-3U, AC-4U, and AC-5U?

Question on the item we're discussing in this topic -

I'm wondering in general if there's any difference.  My sister got a Nokia 95-3 not too long ago, but it's acting up so Amazon sent a replacement.  We will be sending the defective N95-3 back, but we noticed that we now have two different plugs - the AC-4U and the AC-5U (I myself have an AC-3U that I got either with my N76 or my wife's N82).  Any thoughts on which one we should hold onto?

Please use plain text.