Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Open or dissect the Booklet 3G ??

Counsellor

Re: Open or dissect the Booklet 3G ??

has anyone here been succesfull in opening the display?

Please use plain text.
Aiken669

Hi,

I changed the hdd by a  RunCore Pro IV SSD 32GB, the problem is that it freezes during installation, not only win7 install, i tried Vista install, even XP install and it freezes at different points during installation.

any ideas, suggestions? i heard people doing fine with other RunCore drives, any experience about?

thanks in advance.

after a lot of tries, i tried to upgrade firmware of the runcore. it upgraded from revision 0.1 to 1916. it took only 1-2 secs, maybe too fast. Now it says revision 1916 and it is working fine out of the booklet, but the same problem of random freezes when trying to install windows (xp, vista, w7).

any ideas/suggestions?

i formated it as a dos bootdisk and it boots fine, do you know any dos utility to check if something is wrong with the drive? o to test the drive conected to the booket controller?

any other ideas/suggestions?

thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Aiken669

Twain wrote:

I have the runcore 64GB SSD in my Booklet.

Please help ;-)

Aiken

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dakota626

Same truoble with X-18 G2. As far as I use Jolicluod, no problem with it.

dakota

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

i loaded jolicloud too. but will proablyl just uninstall it as even with wine, doesnt use all my products.

seems a good idea for what could come, but seemecd more a hastle to relearn all the processes and checking for the software to be available.

not to mention, i only have 10gb on that partitiion since i am running it paralel to my win 7
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
doctran

I noticed that my battery life is wildly innaccurate / bad with the SSD installed.  At full battery, it says 6 hours left (used to be 8).

Anyone else have this problem?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yakke

I have successfully changed my HDD to Intel X18-M G1 SSD. Looking good! I made backup from my old filesystem with Acronis to external USB drive. After changing the SSD I restored the whole filesystem and working better that ever!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

i managed to open the display, just slide a prying tool between the plastic sheet and the rubber band on the face of the display. The plastic sheet is just glued to the frame, after you have done what you wanted, just put it back and the glue will still hold.

if you could give me advice, im planing to change the display, to a clearbrite one, any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

i think you are the pioneer on this one!

let us know how it goes and whagt clearright unit you installl

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

been reading info on this, i am not an expert, but so far now i have learned that I need to look for a display with the same size, the same resolution and the same lightning technology, such as lcd., i read that changing the display is as easy as unplug and replug.

right now i havent found any spare display with the same specs, also i have the doubt if im going to need new drivers for the new display.. this is going to be a good experiment.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

btw!! nokia's specifications say that this computer has a glass window on the display, which is not true. they should change that, its made of plastic, a very hard and though one, but at last its plastic!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
brickere

[ Edited ]

Do any of you guys know what the voltage requirements are for the SSD that replaces the factory HDD unit? I've seen both 3.3v and 5v SSD's, and I'm thinking that the ones you guys are using are 5v units, but I couldn't seem to find voltage numbers on the X18-M SSD.

I ask because I'm interested in using a 32GB PQI Mico SATA SSD drive that I found for a good price.

Thanks!

EDIT: Removed price and link to site with SSD since it's apparently against the rules.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kingtest

Hi

I only want to ask:

is it right that , if I replace my hdd with a new ssd, I won´t be able to use the recovery-function???

Is it necessary to buy a new win7 software to use the booklet with new ssd, because an image would make problems with new ssd???

sry for bad English :smileytongue:

thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

if you use the arconis software and duplicate the drive.  you should be fine.

i have done that and can see the partition with the backup on it.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kingtest

Thank you for your answer

OK I don't need a new OS, but what if I want to recover my system after some month?? Can I do this like the present function (pressing F8 and backup) or should I save my arconis-made image??

Please use plain text.
Sage
alzaeem80

dont change your hard disk change your window

phones i have 2730c - C1
KUDOS ME IF YOU FIND MY ANSWERS HELP FULL
Please use plain text.
Sage
alzaeem80

you can even increace  your RAM

phones i have 2730c - C1
KUDOS ME IF YOU FIND MY ANSWERS HELP FULL
Please use plain text.
ozel

@dcastrog: i'm also interested in replacing the display. (i'd like a pixel Qi display) But I haven't yet bought a booklet.
Can you tell me the modell number and manufacturer of the default LCD panel? Also the physical size of the panel and a picture with the location of the display connector would be nice to see.
I have some knowledge about LCD electronics, maybe we can team up? Thanks, Oli
Please use plain text.
Contributor

which SDD are compatible with Nokia Booklet 3G? ::

what are the SPECIFIC model numbers ?

concluding from this thread:

1.8" drive

X18-M G1 SSD works?

x18m G2 (does not work??)

supertalent ssd (works?? which model?)

Samsung SSD ?? 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
code_02

Can you say which supertalent SSD you installed exactly ?

Please use plain text.