Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Parrot CK3100

Advisor

Parrot CK3100

Hi, I have a parrot fitted in my car. N95 connects to it fine but I have no phonebook. This used to be automatic on all my other phones. Anyone know what setting I need to change to make this work.

Cheers
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi biohazard

You need to install Nokia 810 Contacts Download application on device to push phonebook across available here:

http://europe.nokia.com/A4143881

You need to delete existing pairings and start again when this application is running if I remember process correctly.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks again scoobyman.
Was realy annoying me this one. Every other phone I have had has done this automatically. Seems the N95 aint as good as it should be.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aalabs

As you may see, no one answered your inquiry for few years!
The problem is that None of the Nokia phones based on Symbian operating system works with Parrot hands free units (all models) correctly. One time they work and one time they won't. After 10-20 phone calls, it would not work again. You must shut down your phone, turn it on again and it would work again for only 10 - 20 calls.
This is a known bug in the Symbian Digital bluetooth profile. The Parrot units are usually linked on this profile. If you will link it on the Analog profile of the parrot, it would work perfectly.However, you won't have the Voice dialing and some other features which exist ONLY in the bluetooth digital profile. It also exist on other "smart" bluetooth car kits which use the digital profile like Motorola etc.

Many inquiries were made to Nokia to solve that bug (for few years - I sent some by myself). However, they do not have any interest to solve the problem. Parrot is a competitor to Nokia and Nokia would like to sell the CK-600 unit which in some mystirious ways goes around those bugs and looks exactly like the Parrot CK-3200.
The fact is that all other phones, pocket PC's, Iphones and some Nokia phones not based on the digital bluetooth profile work with all Parrot car kits and only Symbian phone's don't. Read other forumms and you'll see the same problems described there again and again.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
dannyboy

you can still send the phone book to the parrot by marking all the contacts and sending them as a business card.

Dan

Nokia Accredited Installer

If my answers help you, give me a Kudos. Its like a pat on the back.
Please use plain text.