Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Purity In-ear (WH-920) controls don't work whe...

Advisor
redgrenadine

Purity In-ear (WH-920) controls don't work when Lumia 900 is locked

This appears to be an issue in other Windows Phone forums.  The play/pause/skip controls on the WH-920 headphones don't work or work very sporadically when my Lumia 900 is locked and the screen off.  When locked with screen on or unlocked with screen on the controls work completely fine.

This basically makes the controls on this $100 headphone set useless if my Lumia is in my pocket

Should I replace my headphones or is this a phone issue?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
drummer1

Re: Purity In-ear (WH-920) controls don't work when Lumia 900 is locked

Same thing. just bougt a new 900 and my headphones speaker wont work when I make a phone call.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
redgrenadine

So i ordered a replacement off of Amazon.  Same issue, which leads me to believe this is a phone problem.

As well, the L-shape extender makes it so that no commands can be sent and also the audio is messed up (very soft) unless the middle button one the earphones is held down.  This is for both sets of L-shape extenders and both sets of headphones. 

Can we receive any comment from Nokia on this?  This is Nokia's flagship phone paired with its $100 flagship headphones

Please use plain text.
JaniBostrom

Hello there.

When using your Purity headphone with your Windows phone you should not use the short adaptor cable. The short adaptor cable is intended to be used for Nokia Symbian and S40 devices.

In terms of the problem when handset being locked. Does this problem remain if you try to adjust the volume from the device and then try again from the headset keys?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shackdan

Nice thought...on the volume but no good.
The volume DOES work.
It's the play/pause/next button. I can get the track to pause but not move to the next track (usually two "clicks").
This DOES work if the phone is still locked but the screen is ON.

Also when locked (and screen is off) I can get the phone to start music (if previously paused).
D
Please use plain text.
Advisor
redgrenadine

So few things

1. Volume up / down seem to work when phone is locked and asleep.  You seem to have to press a bunch of times to get a response one way or the other but it does work.

2. Pause / play work very, very sporadically when phone is locked and asleep.

3. Skip forward / back happen maybe 1/10 times you try when phone is locked and asleep.  Skip back I've never managed to do actually, it just ends up pausing.

4. If you hit the volume up/down and then try using the play/pause/skip button there is no change; it still is very sporadic.  I could see where you may have been getting at, that the volume change might "wake" the phone and then you could use the p/p/s button but unfortunately that is not the case.

Would really appreciate a response from someone at Nokia

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your feedback on this issue. I have raised this with our tech guys and am awaiting feedback.

I will get back to you on this thread once I get this.

Regards

Raoul_Duke
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
redgrenadine

Thanks!  Really appreciate it.  Hopefully this gets fixed quickly

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shackdan

Thank you!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for a fix.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys,

Just got some feed back.

The issue with “controls don't work when Lumia is locked" occurs if  TTY/TDD  mode is changed to Full in Ease of access menu. Go to Start > Settings > Ease of access, then select TTY/TDD mode OFF.

Give this a try and let me know if this helps!

Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
redgrenadine

[ Edited ]

Mine was already in the off mode.

I switched to full, backed out and switched back and still have issues.

Please use plain text.
fallenprogrammr

I have a lumia 900 and I am facing the same issue, my ease of access settings (both tty/tdd and telecoil) are off.

Hopefully this is a firmware issue, I will try my old samsung omnia 7 headset and let you guys know if they work ok when the screen is locked.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RFNAPLES

[ Edited ]

redgrenadine states "3. Skip forward / back happen maybe 1/10 times you try when phone is locked and asleep.  Skip back I've never managed to do actually, it just ends up pausing."

I don't see those commands listed in the User Guide.  Looks like we have only five functions with the center botton (none when using Nokia AV Adapter):

1.  Off
  2.  Play
  3.  Pause
  4.  Answer Call
  5.  End Call

Am I missing something?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
redgrenadine

I don't know if it's in the guide or not, but traditionally (i.e. iPhone compatible headphones) you could double click for next track and triple click for previous track

This works when the Lumia is unlocked but not when it is locked and asleep

Please use plain text.
fallenprogrammr

I tried using my Samsung Omnia 7 headset and I find the same issue. Anyone from Nokia on this thread please note that as the lumia's gain popularity this might become a big issue.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
shackdan

My TTY/TDD mode was/is set at OFF...this has no affect...
ARGH
Please use plain text.
Advisor
redgrenadine

Any type of update or acknowledgement of the issue? 

Please use plain text.
zwesley

[ Edited ]

Raoul,

Thanks for the attempts to date at a good solution, but like many others on here, I continue to have trouble finding a headset to consistently work the Lumia 900 features.  I have tried multiple brands at the AT&T corporate store, AT&T reseller, have opened and tried multiple brands at Radio Shack, and have tried using older iPhone headphones at home.  The only consistency has been great inconsistency in the ability of the headphones to allows the phone's controls to properly operate or control the music and voice features that should be supported.  I have even had trouble getting the headset to turn off the speaker from the handset when the headphones are inserted.  The only thing every pair of headphones I've tried has consistently done has been to produce stereo sound.  Beyond that, nothing is consistent from pair to pair or even from insertion to insertion of a single pair of headphones into the Lumia 900.

I personally feel I have done my due diligence.  Many others on this discussion board and other similar boards have, too.  See this similar group:

/t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/iPhone-headphone-is-not-working-with-Lumia-900/td-p/1384735

I have six days left before I have to return my Lumia to the AT&T store if I want a refund.  I want this phone to work, but the problems with the headsets are a major problem and greatly reduce the viability of this phone to the point where I will have to return it if a resolution cannot be found.   I would greatly appreciate it if you would post any updates you have or other fixes beyond switching off the TTY/TDD, which had no effect on my phone ...if you'll pardon the pun, I'm all ears.

Thanks very much.

zwesley

Please use plain text.
Advisor
redgrenadine

[ Edited ]

Anything?  Any kind of response from Nokia?

I have checked this out using numerous non-nokia headphones and it is most definitely a phone issue.  Inline headphones worked just fine on my old Samsung Focus

Please use plain text.
fallenprogrammr

This is now fixed in the latest release yaay!
Please use plain text.