Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Unlock password protected memory card?

Counsellor
Wiskey

Hi,

Like always, on previous Symbian phones I have locked my memory cards with passwords and if you were to insert that locked card into another Symbian phone, it would immediately ask you to enter the password. I did so with my old phone (Nokia C7) and now after inserting that locked card in the 808, nothing comes up.. it doesn't ask for a password input. I am now stuck with a 16 gigs locked micro SD card to which I know the password but I can't unlock it! I know for sure that password protected cards will not show up on computers and it doesn't show up on my gf's Android either. I have been to a Nokia care shop and they have tried with other Nokia phones but nothing worked. They suggested using the phone it was locked with but that's not a possibility because it was broken into pieces and sent to Finland :smileyhappy:

What else can I try to be able to unlock/input my password into this SD card?

Any help is much appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Sage
Fresh_Breeze

Re: Unlock password protected memory card?

Open Files app, long tap on F: Memory card and see if there is possibility to set or remove password. Be careful though, as you might accidentaly destroy the contents of the memory card.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Have a look at the following link as there maybe some tips on this:

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Forgot-your-memory-card-password-Here-is-what-you-...
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Wiskey

Hi guys,

Basically, I didn't forget my password, it's just that I don't have any means of entering it!

When I insert the card in my 808, nothing comes up and in file explorer it says "memory card unavailable" or when I insert it in my computer, nothing shows up!

I've read in the link that 

Please use plain text.
Sage
Fresh_Breeze

[ Edited ]

Try to find some other Nokia model that takes MicroSD cards and use it to unlock the card. Or if you don't need the contents of the card you can format it using Files app or a computer and card reader.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Wiskey

Try reading my post again before replying! Any memory card that has been locked on a Nokia phone won't be usable on any computer, it simply doesn't show up in My Computer!

Update: I have tried many different Symbian or S40 phones and none of them seem to ask for a password and all I get in the Files app is "Memory card unavailable".

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
idiot_

i put a password to my memory card when i was using the nokia 5233, i cant remember that password and i dont have that phone anymore 
how can i unlock my memory card?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

idiot_ wrote:

i put a password to my memory card when i was using the nokia 5233, i cant remember that password and i dont have that phone anymore 

Have a look here . If the problem can't be sorted, you need to Format the card thru' PC or Memoy Card Reader ...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@idiot_

Have a look at this definitive resource as since June 2012 it has been possible to "brute force" microSD passwords using ATF Nitro box:http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Forgot-your-memory-card-password-Here-is-what-you-...

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
areef

How to unlock my memory card c2-05

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

areef wrote:

How to unlock my memory card c2-05

There is no master code, but it can be brute forced by trying all possible combinations as mentioned in previous post resource.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jon_rk

i too face same problem, couldn't detect memory card in computer and my phone
Please use plain text.
aleisha11

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sadhaba

I forget my memory card password please help me
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

You alone can determine the intrinsic value of data upon card to see whether financially viable to access as here as since June 2012 it has been possible to "brute force" microSD passwords using ATF Nitro box:http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Forgot-your-memory-card-password-Here-is-what-you-...

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
affohost

I have found some usefull tricks on this blog post How to unlock memory card password. You can have a look on them if they help you guys anyway.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
akshay9782

i put a password to my memory card when i was using the nokia x2-01, i cant remember that password and i dont have that phone anymore 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

akshay9782 wrote:

i put a password to my memory card when i was using the nokia x2-01, i cant remember that password and i dont have that phone anymore 

Did you read and try the suggestions posted in this thread  ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
steffin

[ Edited ]

use nokia c5 -03 mobile.

for more details

contact person

*********@gmail.com

Moderator's note: E-mail address was removed. It is unwise to publish personal contact information on a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sugumAr653

i forget my memory card password so how to unlock

Please use plain text.