Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: bh-905 - windows 7

creepa1982

bh-905 - windows 7

Hello everyone. I have been trying to install the bh-905 on windows 7. I have installed the wodcomm bluetooth drivers but I can add the bh-905 only as a hands free device and not as a audio device (a2dp).

Anyone got the same problem? Quite frustrating as it was working great on win xp!

Please use plain text.
Sage

I have paired my BH-905 with my laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium without any difficulty.  I use a Targus USB Bluetooth Adapter.  It came with an installation CD.

My A2DP is working properly as I can start/stop/pause/skip with the controls.

Because there is a BT kernel driver already in the OS, you need to be sure that you follow the installation direction for yours very carefully otherwise the control stacks may not be configured properly.

Best bet--try uninstalling the driver and any other software that came with it and reinstalling from scratch.

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kenrhorne

Same problem

BH905 pairs OK with W7 PC (woth inbuilt Bluetooth), bu

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kenrhorne

Same problem, with HP laptop , inbuilt Bluetooth.

BH905 pairs OK, but brings up yellow warning traingle - go get Brodacom s/w update for PC's Bluetooth.

The Broadcomm/Widcomm driver won't install suceesfully, as it can't detect the Bluetooth device, so headset won't talk over B

creepa1982 wrote:

Hello everyone. I have been trying to install the bh-905 on windows 7. I have installed the wodcomm bluetooth drivers but I can add the bh-905 only as a hands free device and not as a audio device (a2dp).

Anyone got the same problem? Quite frustrating as it was working great on win xp!

luetooth to the pC.

W7 has some more general problems with allocation of  paths for (wired) audio headsets too

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kanady43

Hi, the same problems, then I found, downloaded and used broadcom software,

http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php

and instaled drivers.It works, the yelow triangle dissapeared and the headphones are working now as audio device without problems.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kenrhorne

When I try to install the Broadcom driver, it fails at the 'Detect Bluetooth D

kanady43 wrote:

Hi, the same problems, then I found, downloaded and used broadcom software,

http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php

and instaled drivers.It works, the yelow triangle dissapeared and the headphones are working now as audio device without problems.

evice' stage, and says "This program cannot upgrade your software.Please contact manufcaturer of your Bluetooth device for support"

Any clues ? 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kenrhorne

e.g. What sequecne of events is needed to sucessfully get the driver into the pC and allocated to the bH-905.

I seem to be in a typical Windows mess where I need to have the device (BH-905) talking to the computer in order for the Broadcom install program to install the drivers.

But as soon as I make the device discoverable by Windows, it fails to find the driver, and installs it with a yellow warning triangle.

How do I get around this ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kenrhorne

OK - finally fixed it on my PC

I 'removed the device' (BH-(05) again

I took the driver from the hp support website, for the specific laptop (8440p)

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

Ran the driver install package from here

Then looked for the device again

After many falshes of 'failed to inmstall device driver successfully', Windows flashed up 2 or 3 'device driver installed' with a green tick, and viola, the bh-905 appeared in the devices list without the yellow triangle.

Yet to see if it actually works.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Egu3

Hi all,

I faced same when I upgraded my PC (X301) from Windows XP  SP3 to Windows 7 (32-bit). I checked Lenovo web site and found the solution. The updated software is dated 04-April-2011. You can download here.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS013631

After I downloaded and installed, I rebooted my PC. Then I connected BH-905 with X301 using Bluetooth. It worked perfectly!

Please try it!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
christyjoel

Disconnect BH905 headset from any of the paired devices. Poweroff the head set.  Turn off all blue tooth connectivities nearby. Turn on the BH905 headset. Now press the Multifunction key and volume up key simultaneously atleast for 5 sec , until the Bluetooth indicator light starts to alter between red and green. Remove your hands from the headset. Now your Bluetooth light starts to flash quickly. Now search for any blue tooth devices on your windows 7 computer . If it shows up, it will install the device automatically. That's all.Mine worked this way.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Karifan

christyjoel wrote:

Disconnect BH905 headset from any of the paired devices. Poweroff the head set.  Turn off all blue tooth connectivities nearby. Turn on the BH905 headset. Now press the Multifunction key and volume up key simultaneously atleast for 5 sec , until the Bluetooth indicator light starts to alter between red and green. Remove your hands from the headset. Now your Bluetooth light starts to flash quickly. Now search for any blue tooth devices on your windows 7 computer . If it shows up, it will install the device automatically. That's all.Mine worked this way.

Doesn't help for me. I have MacBook Air with installed Windows 7, it finds BH-905, I get it's icon in 'devices', but it fails to install any of the 3 necessary drivers for it's functioning. Downloaded installation file for drivers update from Broadcom site, but when I start it, it tells it can't find my bluetooth device and can't proceed ... 

Please use plain text.