Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

charger / power adaptor gone!

Advisor
yogeshmk
Accepted Solution

charger / power adaptor gone!

looks like it. From past couple of months it didn't charge the booklet straightaway. I had to carefully align the cable in some perticular way till the power LED brightened up. A slight movement & it used to lose contact. But today it stopped completely. - where could the problem be? it has to be either in the cable from the brick up to the AC-In port or inside the AC port! - Is the AC-In port of some industry standard size to try using cable from some other device? Any known replacements for the cable? or the whole adaptor unit? - I'm searching for the OEM/Nokia branded AC-200 adaptor/charger on Amazon, eBay, but haven't found it yet (not even on UK sites). - Booklet was bought over Amazon in US and will soon shift to India permenantly. There are no Nokia service centres for miles around here, and although there are plenty in India, booklet was not officially launched there so I doubt if I'll get the parts. What remedy do I have? Thanx for reading. Answers welcome! --
Please use plain text.
Advisor
yogeshmk

Re: charger / power adaptor gone!

sorry for the messy formatting. I had neatly typed everything but the web page ate all the whitespace!
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi yogeshmk,

Thanks for your post. If your adaptor is no longer working correctly first check with a Nokia Care Point is they can supply you with an original charger. Otherwise you will need a (universal) adaptor which can handle at least 40 Watt/19 Volt/2A. In the UK you can get a suitable charger from Maplin.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

OMG  I just went through the same experience.  I bought a new Battery and power adapter, but I stil had the same problem.  I kept wiggling the cord to get it to light up, but after a week it was a lost cause.  I took it to a repair center and they told me that it was likely the connector where the power cord plugs in.    He told me that the connector was part of the mother board and the repair would be cost prohibitive.  Given that the Booklet was 2 1/2 years old and I no longer needed too use the 3G connection, I decided to buy a new computer instead.  

Anyway, I still have the (practically) new battery and charger,  I paid $94 for the pair, but I'd be willing to sell them both for $60 Let me know if anybody is interested.  

Please use plain text.
leonardo_cohen

[ Edited ]

So, it is a Nokia branded power adapter and battery ? I am interested...... how can we connect ?

you can e-mail me on xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cheers

Leo

Moderator's note: Email address removed. Sharing of personal information is not allowed on the forum as it could potentially harm your personal security. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hannibalw1

Sorry to say I have been through this process and the only option is buy an aftermarket one. The cable frayed on my charger where it rubbed on the brick (laptop side), rather easily in my view. You cannot take it apart (as it is either welded or glued) to simply repair it yourself and having been around all the Nokia care options and spoken to numerous care centres, there is very little knowledge of the booklet let alone spares. You might see OEM chargers on ebay or amazon but they are extremely rare and expensive (£70-80).

I cannot believe the lack of support for such a groundbreaking and expensive piece of kit only just over two years post introduction. Very poor show Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
yogeshmk

For now I have settled for a third party adaptor (RocketFish power adaptor for mini laptops). So far going good. comes with 4 different connector pins one of which fits Nokia Booklet 3G. One like this http://www.amazon.com/RocketFish-Power-Adapter-Netbooks-RF-NBAC/dp/B0043RM9PA/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_t... Nokia Booklet 3G takes 4.1x1.7mm pin (from the top of my head, need to check). Let's see how long this one will last. --
Please use plain text.