Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

ck200 and motorola

Contributor
Binkle
Accepted Solution

ck200 and motorola

Ok, the motorola is a red herring. My phone works perfectly with the works vehicles all with nokia ck100. The voice lady says" phone connected, player connected" and i can play my playlists crystal clear through the vehicle speakers.

So i bought the ck200 for my car.

hmphhhh, does everything except connect the player and play music through the speakers.

It asks me for commands and finds the play list but will only play them through the phone.

I have selected the use speakers for everything option in the setup or media menu.

Ex-employee (retired)
confiture

Re: ck200 and motorola

[ Edited ]

CK-200 is a mono, calls only kit.

It does not have A2DP (Stereo music over Bluetooth) function.

Contributor
Binkle

OMG i never thought the ck200 would have less features than the ck100.

Id read so many forums where it said the ck200 streamed media....

For sale, one ck200 :smileysad: Disappointed.

Registered Member
Freedom198

Binkle,

What forums have said the CK-200 will stream music?? Can you list them below please.

Contributor
Binkle

Sorry for delay, I wasnt actually intending on coming back to the forum, but here are two examples found very quickly.

http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3961

scroll down to near the end "Overall thoughts on this kit"

and

http://mypocketos.com/2010/05/24/nokia-ck-200-car-kit/

scroll down to "the ck-200 in use.

"Using voice commands on your Nokia handset (dependant on model), with one touch operation from the CK-200 you are able to tell your phone a command (that it recognises) and it will perform an action, such as read new Text Messages/Email or even play music from your mobile, which of course can then be streamed via Bluetooth to your car stereo."

I researched many reviews.

It got me nowhere ultimately because i was born with the genetic flaw that didnt give me  prelearnt knowledge that A2dp was what i needed. :-(

Contributor
Binkle

Nokia and other bluetooth sellers under the technical stuff for the ck200 post this

Speaker output

• Integrated in-car sound; CK-200 audio amplifier connects directly to car loudspeaker system.

As a lay person, I (not unreasonably) assumed that meant the same as the  reviews listed above, that all the phone audio goes through to the speakers.(including music like the ck100)

As a lay person it really isnt obvious to me that if A2DP isnt listed it means music isnt included.

This isnt a blame thing BTW, just a mutual understanding thing.

I use independant reviews as often they speak my language.(english not geek english)

The last mistake of mine was that usually when a technical product is released, and then a mk2 version is released later, the mk 2 version has all the features of the first plus more.

eg Apple didnt bring out an ipad with wifi connectivity, only to take it away on the next version up.