Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

iPad and Nokia 360 / Bluethoot

Counsellor
Marco_zh
Accepted Solution

iPad and Nokia 360 / Bluethoot

Hi all, Anyone here experiance with a bluethoot connection between an iPad and the Nokia 360 speakers? My iPad recognise the 360, but the connection gets terminated after a few seconds automatically... I dont have any problems to connect the speakers with my MacBook via bluetooth. Is this an apple/ipad issue or is there someone who can use the speakers with his ipad. Cheers
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
John_Tesla

Re: iPad and Nokia 360 / Bluetooth

Hi Marco,

The Nokia Play 360 should be working without any dropped connection.

We have tested the Nokia Play 360 with your device on the latest update.

The connection is steady.

Make sure you use a direct power source for the Nokia 360 speaker.

Then go to your device settings, general, go to Bluetooth. (on)

In the list of devices you'll see the Nokia Play 360. push on the blue arrow (*)

and then push on "Forget this device". then try to reconfigure the connection again.

*note that you should follow the instructions at the bottom of the Nokia play 360

If the connection keeps dropping, check your device's firmware and if possible update your device.

Hope this helps,

>JT

Counsellor
Marco_zh

Perfect, after reconfiguer the connection it works now! Thanks!:smileyhappy:
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
John_Tesla

Happy to help.

Enjoy your Nokia Play 360.

>JT.

Contributor
Mojohito

I have the same or a similar problem - whenever I try to connect my iPad to the Play 360, the first several times the iPad states "connected" but the Play 360 suddenly powers off.

I hold the power button to reboot the speaker, put it into pairing mode, and it happens again.  I have "forgotton this device" on the iPad, but that didn't solve the problem.  After four or five cycles of the above, the Play 360 and iPad connect, and it functions well.

The iPad is with the latest software.

Thanks for any help!

Registered Member
Marky_T

Hi,

I have the same problem with my iPhone and the Nokia Play 360.  The firmware is up to date on my phone.  If I forget the bluetooth connection from the phone and re-pair it, it works once.  When I turn the speaker off, and on again later, and attempt to pair, the speaker clicks loudly and then powers off abruptly.  It does this every time.

iPhone 4 - OS Version 5.0.1

No Connections issues with an Nokia N9 but has occassional bips in playback where the audio is missing for a short moment.

Any ideas?

jwoods

EXACTLY EXACTLY the same problem here! I couldn't have described it more precisely than Marky_T. Same iPhone and f/w version too.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue :smileyhappy:

I only bought this speaker yesterday to take on a snowboarding trip next week as I thought it would be a cool thing to have... Guess that idea is ruined :smileysad:

It can't imagine a fix will be coming, Nokia can't change iPhone firmware, and the speakers don't look user-serviceable/updatable. :smileysad:
Contributor
hyperbart

And I have too the exact same problem as you guys...

iPhone 4 and iPod Touch equipped with 5.0.1.

I find it very frustrating and it surprises me that we don't get any response from Nokia self?

Tomorrow will call with customer support...

Contributor
hyperbart

Hey guys, I have got the solution while troubleshooting:

Power up the speaker with the power button on the back, the light on the front (you know, the ring) will light up white, press the pairing button once very briefly, just a litte light press, the light will turn blue and now you can go to your bluetooth settings and touch the Play 360 in the menu to connect (yeah, that's right, just connect) and it will work...

Tested it without doing the press and it crashes, did multiple tests with powering up and down different the 2 devices...