Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: is it possible to connect usb keyboard to N8؟

Advisor
OsamaIsmeal

is it possible to connect usb keyboard to N8؟

thanks to N8 i'm able to connect flash memory with capacity overthan 8 gb to my N8 and share movies anddocument,moreover I was able to connect N97 to my N8 by Usb cable Now the question is it possible to connect usb keyboard or usb printer to N8؟ seems like awful but I'm pretty sure than Nokia can do it؟ regards Osama
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SnaxMuppet

I tried my Logitech USB mouse and it didn't work although I have seen reports that it does work with some USB mice.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
krisq

You can connect keyboard and mouse via USB. Plenty of movies on YouTube.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Tirza

I have read few magazines had successfuly connecting them to N8. My guess is N8 can only use USB keyboard and USB mouse that consume very little power.

I guess you have to try it before buying any.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
albertorrent

I tried this one :

http://www.keysonic.de/pages/keyboards/ACK_3400_U/ack_3400_u_uk.html

it work for me in AZERTY ( I'm french)

no need to add azerty drivers, very simple.

I gess it works the same way for qwerty keyboards in UK or US

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ashum

Can someone list the brand  names for the usb keyboard that will work?

I have tried several (Dell) with a 100 mAh consumption, but none of them worked.

Regards,

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rooka

ETON keyboard... 100%worked with my N8

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/2224/04102011395.jpg

ETON Mouse    ... 100%worked with my N8

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/6425/04102011396.jpg

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
k2b_kuntal

I own an E6 and the list of compatibility should be pretty same with N8. I have tried with my office DELL keyboard (SK-8115) and Lenovo keyboard (KU-0225 with 100 mAh) that works and bought an iBall keyboard in my home which says "device not supported". Later I went to a computer store to try out different brands (none of the local and semi local brands worked...even the IBM laptop keyboard didnt work) and finally found logitech keyboard that works perfectly. I hope that same will be with microsoft and apple keyboards (only if you are ready to shed off some extra bucks..). I don't understand what the issue is ? some keyboards with same 100mAh doesnt work while some do...is it the driver ? I always knew that driver is the same for all usb keyboards...

Also the keyboard commands and shortcuts are weird (donno if they are different after a Belly upgrade as I have done that)...Does Nokia provide a list of keyboard activities ? ...Please NOKIA make an app to let the user configure some keyboard shortcuts and buttons which would be really helpful...
Please use plain text.
Sage
CLTSchwarz

AFAIK any keyboard that acts as a USB hub won't work.  So get one without extra USB ports on it.

Please use plain text.
Sage
RiderX

Depends. I could connect a mouse, but not a cheap keyboard. YMMV.
Please use plain text.
Sage
hooker1uk

I used a cheap (real cheap 99p clearance stock) generic keyboard and mouse on my trial n8 worked perfectly.
Anna/Belle handsets : E6-00
s60 handsets : E71 grey steel, 6700slide Purple
s40 Handsets : Nokia C3-01, 6086, N6300.
JesusPad2 16gb, booklet3g (32gb ssd upgrade) eeepc701SD (64gb ssd) bauer mini laptop (32gb ssd)

Kudos is Nice - please. Pass it on, you'll make a geek happy
@hooker1uk (as a blogger my words do not represent the brands i work with unless stated otherwise.)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
asvinp

Had no idea about the feature and just tried it with a Razer tron mouse, Works perfectly. Although, the mouse does not necessarily light up at times. Also, tried it with a Logitech K800, have to say, amazing response.

There are a few shortcuts that work, 

http://www.n8fanclub.com/2010/11/shortcuts-while-using-bluetooth-usb.html

There are a few  others as well. If you have media keys on the keyboard, they work perfectly with the music player. Copy, cut, paste, & select all shortcuts work. Capslock, numlock and delete keys work. lol.

Well, if you find anymore, let me know.

Have fun. :smileyhappy: 

Blackster
Please use plain text.