Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: looking for car and usb charger for C6-01

Contributor
opus77044
Accepted Solution

looking for car and usb charger for C6-01

I am looking for a car charger for my C6-01, and trying to find this information is pretty much impossible.  So I was wondering if anyone else can help?

1) What is the Nokia model number for the car charger that will work with C6-01?

2) What USB car charger will work with C6-01?

I had purchased a PNY Rapid USB car charger and it did not work, although it does power a portable hard drive I have, so I know the PNY car charger works.  The cables I tried with the PNY charger are the standard USB cable that I use to sync the phone with my computer, and the USB cable that came with the phone.

One interesting observation: my iPod (3rd gen? with video) AC charger (came with the iPod) will charge the phone, but iPad (3rd gen) will not.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

opus77044 wrote:

1) What is the Nokia model number for the car charger that will work with C6-01? DC-4

2) What USB car charger will work with C6-01? DC-20

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Contributor
opus77044

After trying several car USB power adapters (plug into the lighter socket and has a USB port) and none of them would work with the C6-01.  So I did a little reading on IEC EN 62684 USB charger standard and realized that perhaps the chargers that I tried does not meet the IEC spec.

I then hacked-up a USB cable and put a 150-ohm resistor across the USB signal lines and tried it again with the PNY charger, and success!  The charging light came on and the Battery Monitor app reports the battery is charging thru USB port.

Please use plain text.