Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

memory card not detected

Registered Member

memory card not detected

my 256MB microSD card was inserted into my Nokia 6120 Classic correctly but the phone did not detect it. It just stated: (no memory card inserted). I tried several times, but to no avail. What should I do? any help will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: memory card not detected

Does the card work in a PC or in another phone?

If it does then your phone is faulty or that brand of card isn't compatible with the phone.

If it doesn't then the card is faulty or in need of formatting.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

the phone was brand new, so it should not have any problems... I do not have a card reader for microSD, so what should I do now?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Then something must be faulty.

See if you can test the card in someone elses phone and test someone elses card in your phone. This will tell you which is faulty.
Please use plain text.

my phone was sent off for repair and i got it back last night and everything was working and i was sending songs to my phone and it was doing fine, but this morning i tried sending some more songs and it said it was unsafe to remove memory card when i wasnt even holding the phone. this has happened before so i did what i did last time turn the phone off and turn it back on but this didnt work. so i tried resetting the phone that didnt work nothing works but the memory card works in my friends phone and his memory card works in my phone. my phone is the nokia n73 series. i was hoping someone on here could help me on here before i send it off again which takes two weeks. thank you xxx
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have purchase a new Nokia C5-03, I got a 2GB memory card inside the mobile, when i connect memory card to PC via card reader the memory card does not detected by PC, but when i inserted memory card in the mobile then momory card read properly.

what is this problem & what is the solution on it............

plz rply Imedeatly, plzzzzzzzzzzzz

Please use plain text.