Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

1200 Test Mode problem

Registered Member

1200 Test Mode problem

I'm using Nokia 1200, it got hanged in between a ongoing call. I removed the battery and inserted it back. After switching it ON it just displaying "Test Mode" on screen and nothing is happening. Few hours after that it got switched off automatically and its completely dead. please tell me if you have any solution for this.

thanx in advance.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: 1200 Test Mode problem

Somehow it's software has become corrupted. The only solution for this is to take it to a nokia care point.

Care points/service centres and repair info:

UKEuropeAsia-PacificUSA
CanadaMiddle East and Africa

Elsewhere: Click here, select your country, go to the support section, then select repair.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have a 1200 and I was on a call when the phone just went dead and I can't turn it On/Off - it was on "Test Mode" and all i can do is remove the batteries/sim, but the Test Mode appears at once when I put the batteries regardless what sim I use. I tried to charge it using different chargers. My girlfriend called the phone and she says it was ringing but it was just showing test mode.

If you know any solution to this problem aside from replacing it or send for repair, please reply. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Unfortunately the only solution is the nokia care point or a new phone.

It should only be a quick fix at a care point as they have the correct equipment to do it.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

[ Edited ]
There's very little the end user can do on a mobile phone even in the best of cases. The 1xxx series of phones are all budget phones with even less possibilities.

Replacing it and taking it to a Nokia Care Point for repairs are your only options.

Message Edited by grschinon on 20-Jan-2009 01:40 PM

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

That was quick! Oh well, I guess your right. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Two days prior to the test mode problem I had all calls where I can't be heard on the other line but I can can hear them. During test mode I used my sim on my sister's 6630 trying to see if it was a sim problem but I couldn't hear the person on the other line and vice versa so i switched back.

Afterwards my sister's phone, with her original sim shows the headset function w/o the head set and she can not be heard w/o the accessory.

Do you think some kind of malware or virus was transfered to her phone? Or this is a completely unrelated issue?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

I think it was unrelated and that your sister's phone was already malfunctioning at the time bacause:

a) malware cannot be transferred on a SIM

b) No S60 phone can be infected with malware unless the user specifically authorises it to install and run.

It also sounds like there's a dead mic in your phone. If it's still under guarantee then that's one thing. If not, I'd dump it in the blink of an eye and get another one. They cost under £25 new...

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Good news, she stopped blaming me after your post.

Bad news, that would be 1676.25 pesos in my country.

Its decided, i'll buy a new one since this phone is just depressing in general. I was bout to switch brands but because of this kind of support I'll stick with Nokia.

Have a good one!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

[ Edited ]
1600+ pesos? Wow!

Assuming you're in Mexico, and an exchange rate of roughly 20 pesos to the £, that's a massive £80 for a 1200! That's extortionate!

Message Edited by grschinon on 20-Jan-2009 02:24 PM

Please use plain text.
Sage

its may be a software issue take your phone to one of nearest mokia care regarded usman manii
silvi
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Guys I had my 1200 fixed coz its cheaper but now it goes off when I try to assign a ring tone, goes off then reboots the moment i click ringing tone option. Now it does not ring or vibrate even when vibrate is on. Text alert is fine so speakers are not broken. 

Any troubleshooting tips? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor

before i go back to the technician anyways.. thanks!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
deepasenthil

how to solve this problem 1200 nokia test mode

Please use plain text.