Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

1650, random pin-code messages

Registered Member

1650, random pin-code messages

Hi,

I bought my wife a NOkia 1650. Now this phone randomly resets, and she has to enter the pin-code again. The phone does not restart.

Last time she was playing snake, and when she lost, the phone vibrated, and displyed the message: "enter pin-code" again. It may have something to do with the vibration I think, but it's no option to switch this off.

Anyone knows what this could be

Employee
adamf

Re: 1650, random pin-code messages

Remove the battery and look where the Sim card is inserted.

If the gate that holds the Sim card is not locked into place then the Sim might come loose.

If at any point, when the phone is on, the Sim card cant be read by the phone it will reset the phone.

My posts are my opinion and in no way the direct views of Nokia.
If my posts are helpful, please give me some KUDOS using the green star on the left.
Registered Member

Re: 1650, random pin-code messages

I have nearly the same problem. My phone wants the PIN code once a day. Always at the same time (about 7pm20)!!

Checked the simcard-holder but everything seems ok. Will see if the problems persists after having removed the accu and checked the holder.