Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

2G vs 3G vs Quad Band..which one for me?

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

2G vs 3G vs Quad Band..which one for me?

i currently have a N5130 which i use daily and primarily for calling and texting. i want to stay in touch with my friends via chat (like ebuddy or meebo) so i want to update my phone with a QWERTY one like the new C3 or the E5. but which one is better? do i need a 3G or quad-band phone for faster and better data speeds? or an ordinary 2G one would do? please help me choose. thanks.

Mobile Guru
krizanand

Re: 2G vs 3G vs Quad Band..which one for me?

At any point of time 3g is better than 2g with higher data rates and better voice quality. Devices like c3(that should be c6 if i am not wrong), E5 both works in 3G(depends upon your service provider and Frequency bands in your country) and 2G frequencies. If your main purpose is to chat online via applications then 2G/2.5G GPRS connection is enough.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Counsellor

my N5130 at the minute is SIM-free and i'm on the T-mobile (UK) network which runs on 2G, 2.5G, 3G and 3.5G networks. i also happen to have an "unlimited" internet on my tariff. so, i'm just thinking if C3 (or C6 in other countries) works on the 3G network like you said then would the phone be enough in chatting and also the occassional downloading of free softwares and firmware updates via Ovi store?

unless if i wanted a better camera (in the E5).....?

please help.

Mobile Guru
krizanand

Sorry! for my previous post, C3 and C6 are two different devices. C3 isn't a 3g phone and won't be suitable for downloading in higher speeds, whereas E5 is a 3g phone.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Advisor
Spdshamim

2g=egprs,3g=hspda
Sage
Aniefiok

E5 is far better than C3, E5 is a smartphone,it runs on symbian Os,it has so many features than c3,so just buy nokia E5 and you will never regret it.
Nokia is the best!!!