Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

3 won't unlock my 6280.

3 won't unlock my 6280.

Dear all,

I have a contract with 3 in the UK and because I'm travelling all the time, I requested them to unlock my Nokia 6280 so I can use SIM cards from other operators.

They said they would do it for a £15 fee, which I said was ok, and after getting my mobile IMEI, they came back saying that they didn't have the unlock code for my mobile and that they would need to send a request for it to Nokia, and that getting that unlock code from Nokia would take a month.

I am going to travel again pretty soon and I would like to have my mobile unlocked before that, and I've read before here that Nokia does not hold the unlock codes, so is there any truth to what 3 is telling me or are they just stalling me?

Is there anything Nokia can do to help?

Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: 3 won't unlock my 6280.

Hi ceottaki

Nokia do not get involved in what is a network operator issue and any representations should be adressed to "3"

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.

Scoobyman,

Thank you for your reply, and I understand that Nokia will not get involved, which is ok, I will direct all my queries to 3.

If possible, I would just like to know if the unlock codes are really something that 3 would have to go to Nokia to get, even though I have my mobile for more than a year. I'm asking that just to be better informed when calling 3 again.

Thank you again,
Ceottaki.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

[ Edited ]
No 3 should not tell you to go to Nokia to get the codes.

It's because 3 locked the phone in the first place (They lock every phone they have) and Nokia Do not care in this matter because 3 have locked it so 3 should provide you an unlock code for a fee so you can use the phone with other networks.

I hope this sums it up for you :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by 6280 on 07-Jun-200706:05 PM

Nokia N95
V 20.0.015
Please use plain text.

Thank you very much, it's all I needed to know.
Please use plain text.
Sage

@ceotakki check your pm
lol iOS7.x looks symbianized
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi

This what i found on 3G term & condition page .

5.4 Handsets which can be used to access 3 Services are locked to our network. The software in the Handset and all intellectual property rights in that software is owned by the Handset manufacturer and you are being allowed to use the software on a limited licence from the Handset manufacturer. During the term of your Agreement for the supply of 3 Services, you must not permit your Handset to be unlocked via any unauthorised manner (ie. by anyone other than us or the Handset manufacturer). You must contact us if you want your Handset to be unlocked from our network. If you contact us to request that your Handset be unlocked from our network, we will arrange for your Handset to be unlocked in an authorised manner (which may include replacing your Handset with an unlocked Handset, which is the same or similar specification to your Handset) and you must pay an unlocking administration charge (which will be shown in the Price Guide for 3 Services). In addition, if you have had your Handset for less than 12 months, you will also have to pay the Handset Unlock Fee (this is also shown in the Price Guide for 3 Services). In addition, you must ensure that there are no outstanding amounts owing on your 3 account. Prior to us arranging for your Handset to be unlocked, you must ensure that you back-up or otherwise store separately any of your information or other data on the Handset which you may require, as this may be lost during the Handset unlocking process. We are not responsible for any information or any other data which may be lost during the Handset unlocking process.

Regards

Farrukh
Please use plain text.
pinnickjnr

THINK I'VE SAME PROBLEM,SO WHAT DO YOU PROPOSE I DO NOW????
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
viper

keep pestering your network and if they say to contact the manufacturer, tell them you want to disconnect from their network.
Blackberry Bold
Please use plain text.