Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

3110 Backup & Restore

3110 Backup & Restore

Hi Guys.
I am facing problem to backup my Nokia 3110c Contents To Computer using Nokia PC Suite. When i tried to start backup it gives error
"Failed To open connection to the selected Phone. Reconnect your phone and try again."

That error comes every time when i tried to backup my phone contents. I tried to reinstall Nokia PC Suite but it wont work.

Help me please...
Thanx in Advance
Please use plain text.
Sage
gadgetdude

Re: 3110 Backup & Restore

I presume that the PC Suite recognises your handset but when you try to sync it it fails. This being so, it sounds like your cable or socket on your phone is faulty.

See if you can borrow someone elses cable and rule that out before taking into NSC.

If it was a firewall problem the PC Suite would not be able to see the handset at all as the connection would be refused.

Hope you get it sorted.

Gadgetdude
Remember to mark all correctly answered questions as Solved. A forum is only as great as the sum of its parts, together we will prevail.
Please use plain text.

No Cable is not the issue. Because i have perfect connectivity with Nokia 6120 Classic using that data cable and same latest Nokia PC Suite. I can also use same cable with Nokia 3110 Classic in Transfer Mode.

Please Help me to resolve issue because i want to upgrade my Phone Firmware.
Please use plain text.

I am facing the same problem. The phone is visible in PC Suite. But whenever I select to Backup it shows the message
"Failed to open connection to the selected phone. Reconnect your phone and try again"

I have tried it on 2-3 different machines with different versions of Nokia PC suite. Update I have used is setup file Nokia_PC_Suite_rel_7_0_8_2_eng_us_web.

I have tried to establish the connection via Blue tooth also. But same problem repeats.
Please do help me

Thanks in advance.

Prasad Joshi
Please use plain text.

Same problem here with a 3500c on both Vista & XP computers. USB cables (yes I tried two different ones) & computers work fine - can transfer data no problem with the phone set to data transfer mode. But in Nokia mode? Well PC Suite knows the phone is there but you can't do anything with it. I've disabled the firewalls & there's no AV software present on either PC. The silence on this issue is deafening.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i am using nokia 3110c, i have connectivity problem, when i try to make backup, the nokia content copier is saying no phone is connected, plz connect your phone now, then i checked using another phone of the same model, nokia 3110c an it's working, so plz help

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
elubitsch

Although it´s an outdated phone I love it. So much that I managed to get a new 3110 classic at Amazon when my old one collapsed due to a mechanical problem with the on/off switch.

Thought I´d be clever and saved all the data to the Nokia suite in order to restore them to my new (old) Nokia 3110. That however seems to be from an unidentified source as it shows some (Arabic?) keys.

Now I have the same problem that the phone doesn´t save/restore. In data mode it works, so it´s not the cable. In Nokia mode I can´t connect and thus all my saved data is unusable. Dies anyone have a hint or even the solution ?

Thanks a lot

Elubitsch

(I hate smartphones because I don´t like to hack on a glassplate)

Please use plain text.