Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

3110c USB connected in non-compatible mode

Contributor

3110c USB connected in non-compatible mode

when I connect tel. to PC via USB is in this mode. I cant transfers data or anything .

http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nokia3110caf8.jpg

Im usin actual version of Pc suite, PLS help me.
Please use plain text.
Sage
knowledge

Re: 3110c USB connected in non-compatible mode

You have connected the phone in Date Storage mode.

This means the phone is now usable as a flash drive to windows. You can copy all your music and files onto the drive that the phone makes in windows.

Try to copy something onto it using Windows Explorer (My Computer).
Knowledge should be your Advisor when you need help.
1610»2110»8110»5110»3310»6210»7250i»6220»6230»6230i»6233

Love me or hate me, its still an obsession. Love me or hate me, that is the question. If you love me then Thank you! If you hate me then ...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

[ Edited ]
Hi rudiy

Go to Menu > Tools > USB > USB mode

Has your phone got "white dot" against "Data transfer" if so select "PC Suite" instead and try again.

In "Ask on connection" have you got "No" otherwise you would be prompted.

Message Edited by scoobyman on 13-Oct-200702:41 PM

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Sage
knowledge

13-Oct-200703:40 PM
scoobyman wrote:
Hi rudiy

Go to Menu > Tools > USB > USB mode

Has your phone got "white dot" against "Data transfer" if so select "PC Suite" instead and try again.

In "Ask on connection" have you got "No" otherwise you would be prompted.

Message Edited by scoobyman on 13-Oct-200702:41 PM

According to the screenshot the user wants to use Windows Media Player for the transfers. I am not sure PC Suit mode is going to help with that.

Love me or hate me, its still an obsession. Love me or hate me, that is the question. If you love me then Thank you! If you hate me then ...
Please use plain text.
Contributor

when I cahnge in menu tel.
settings->conectivity->USB data cable->Nokia Mode tel. is not detected in windows:
http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nokia3110cxl7.jpg

i havent msd cart maybe it change when I bought it ???
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi rudiy

Personally I wouldn't try to keep both Nokia PC Suite and Sony Ericsson equivalent software on the same PC, as it doesn't take much to interfere with installation of Nokia PC Suite.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I uninstall sony ericsson pc suite and reinstal n.pc suite a have this problem:
http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nokia3110cdb4.jpg
:smileysad: : (
Please use plain text.
Sage
knowledge

What version are you using ? Please give us the version number.

The latest version is here : http://europe.nokia.com/link?cid=EDITORIAL_215671

Please use plain text.

Nokia 65555b USB connected in non-compatible mode

Gees guys, it the year 2008 and this is a USB device. How can it be soooooo xxxx hard to connect it to a pc. Kids toys plug in and just run why can't this phone!!

Hint the message popped up AFTER I installed the latest updater software V1.4.36EN.

The phone is at V 03.31 RM 289 01-08-07.

Which brings me to the reason I am screwing around with this at all and that is that the phone just powers itself off at any old time.
Yep, just **bleep** and it is off, or it starts making a hellacous noise and I have to power it off.

Oh and before you ask, yes it is an official Nokia battery, came in the box and has the holigram on it!!

So, sports fans, any ideas about either of tese issues.

Chao
Bill
Please use plain text.

Re: Nokia 65555b USB connected in non-compatible mode

lavallie -  Just look at the response you get from your posting - NOTHING. The software is is bug-ridden junk, the Nokia support is useless, and the advice supplied (when you get it) doesn't match up to your problem.

What an awful company Nokia is.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

Re: Nokia 65555b USB connected in non-compatible mode

Millions of Nokia users around the world use various phones with PC Suite without problem, sissues like this are relatively rare which is probably why this forum (where we are all users ourselves, not Nokia staff) might not have a solution.

In a peer-to-peer support forum like this, it is perfectly possible that there are no other users that have experienced the same issue. Nokia's customer support staff are at the end of the "contact us" link above.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mlar91

i am also facing the same problem bro :smileysad: whenever i connect my 3110c to pc via usb cable and select the "nokia mode" it is not detected at all. i have tried the latest versions of both pc suite and ovi suite but none of them detected my phone :smileysad:

Please use plain text.

I gave up trying to use the software. If your computer (not the software) detects your phone when you connect it via the USB cable just access it as you would a removable hard drive. When it's detected the new icon will appear for your phone in the drive list.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
blugil

I lov ya... Thanks I disabled the simm card and My computer and phone are talk'en:smileylol:

Please use plain text.