Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

3G or GSM

Counsellor
8342mat
Accepted Solution

3G or GSM

My Asha 300 on O2 has the capability to use GSM, 3G or both.

I have ruled out using both as the phone "chats" all the time as it hunts for the best signal.

My phone is used mainly for calls, texts and occasional email checking.

What would be the best setting please ?

Mat

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Re: 3G or GSM

As you are not going to use much of data services, and your main purpose is Texting and Calling, GSM (or 2G) mode will be the best for you. The phone will use lesser of power when running in 2G mode and will also seem to have better network reception in areas where 3G signals are weaker.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
8342mat

GSM it is then.

Thank you

Mat

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
TANKAIYUAN

3G HSPA/WCDMA:HIGH SPEED/BATTREY USE FAST WHEN INTERNET MOST AREA LOW SIGNAL STRENGHT THAN GSM
2G GSM:MOST AREA HAS 2G COVERAGE,SAVE BATTREY WHEN STAND BY/CALLING/DATA/SMS.BUT IT IS VERY LOW SPEED WHEN BROWSING WITH DEAFULT BROWSER.
Please use plain text.