Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

5130 xpress music Nokia software update problem

Registered Member

5130 xpress music Nokia software update problem

I am using nokia 5130 xpress music for the past 8 months.Recently i have updated the firmware version to 7.91.now my nokia phone working slowly whenever i play the music and headset sound increasing if i attend the call through headset and hearing music simultaneously.what's the problem?the nokia headset sound is too low when attending calls through headset?...i can't hear voice while driving..My headset warrenty period also finished..is this headset problem or nokia problem?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GunshotRiddim

Re: 5130 xpress music Nokia software update problem

no that's just because of the buggy version of 7.91. try to update your firmware 7.95 this is more stable than 7.91. but i think the most stable firmware is 6.94..but now it's too late :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wqaft

hey can u guide me how to install 7.95 bcz when i connect my 5130 with nokia software updater that it shows current 7.91 n update also 7.91 .. means 7.95 is not available there so plzkindly help me in thys issue

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fooobar

I would also like to know how to update to firware version 7.95 thorugh official channels.

Which product code did you use to install 7.95?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Shaivy3x

hi frnd's i use nokia 5130.....its past version like 5.?? or 6.94 is more stable ..but when i update my device with 7.91...its too bad.....bcaz i loss my screen saver and power saver....

i don't found any update file but nokia say that 7.95 launch....

i think its nokia policy that bad software version lauch and destroy their phone who update.....and get new one......

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Shaivy3x

Hi

i use Nokia 5130 with version   7.91...but its too bad version...i send many mail to ask nokia,but they say that a new version 7.95 is release.i try to updat my device with all way...net or with mobile phone update option.but not found any new version....nokia tels lie....

with version 7.91 i loss Screen saver and power saver function in my phone....so i promised that when any new version lauch with this function for nokia device 5130.then update..and in future not update my any new device made by nokia...........

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I have the same problems. The only reason i updated is because with the old firmware sometimes when playing songs you could hear short gaps. Who would have thought that the new firmware would be so buggy. I am very dissapointed in Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vishilu7

hi,friends,your updation to firmware 7.95 will help u a lot,i am usin it from past 6 months,it will resolve ur sluggishness of set in the music player and ya its fast too than the previous versions!
For updation u must go to ur nearest nokia care as it was not available when i found it on internet,searching wid my pc suite...!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
anilsky

hai ! try 7.95 update through mobile only... it is just 95 kb only...i recently i.e aug 13th updated to 7.95 through mobile installation which takes only 5 minutes...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
anilsky

7.95 update is available through mobile internet only..
go to settings-->phone-->update--> install updates..
7.95 is just 95 kb only...
Please use plain text.
Theuz

[ Edited ]

You can update it too with the OVI Suite (that's what i did!)

Unfortunately, I didn't know it would be convenient to check the forums first (as u can see this is my first post) or else i wouldn't have updated my 5130 XM... 

Thing is, i updated it to v07.95 and i had the same problems you did..

First it was all OK.. then I realized what you said before... 

Scrensaver: no more!

Power saving: gone!

Music Player: crapped! which means, it took too long to change from one song to another (instead of doing it instantly as before, now it took a couple of very noticeable seconds...

I tried to re-install the firmware a couple of times with no success whatsoever.. 

I took out the battery, the sim card.. Put them back again.. No luck either..

I left the phone playing music and using it all i could till i drained the very last juice of energy it had, leaving the battery completly depleted.. Then i charged it to its fullest, and nothing had changed.. v7.95 had f---ed up my precious phone..

Then checking the forums, and tryng a few things myself, i figured out that the musicplayer problem was that it had too many songs to read.. I noticed it when i took out the memory card and then played only the 7 songs i had on the phone's memory.  IT WORKED JUST LIKE IT DID BEFORE!!

SOLVED!!! i said to myself...

But i was wrong..  When putting back the memory card, and playing all the songs again, the delay showed up once more...

So, after some time i came up with the idea to fully reboot my cellphone (as fully as i can do it, which is not much 'cause i'm no expert..) and i got some little results..

This is what I did:

First, i did the back up copy of my contacts and notes, and important things (photos, songs, etc) using the OVI Suite and the phone as an external drive..

Then i restore the factory settings (Menu-->Settings-->Restore Factory Settings)

THEN, i formated the memory card.

Ok, now i had a "brand new" cellphone, only with the infamous v07.95... 

So, i began to restore all my information back again (using OVI, and the phone itself as an external drive for the music and photos).

Now i put back almost the same amount of music as before (178 song, vs 200 i had before), and i can say that now it works almost as it did before i updated it. I say "almost" because i can notice a very small delay, but maybe that's because now i'm looking for it (and being a little paranoid)...

The screensaver and power saving options, i have no idea how to get them back.. 

I'm as angry and as disappointed as any other Nokia user who thought the best of this company and who always said "i like Nokia phones for the great interface they have".. Now i found myself with a phone that doesn't perform as it did before, AND IT ISN'T EVEN MY FAULT!!! 

Ok, so i hope this could be useful to any other 5130 user who updated the fw and found out it wasn't such a great decision...

And if any one knows the proper way to solve this, please do tell... Cause what i did is only a patch..

Thnx!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
id_866

I am using nokia software version 7.91.I planned to update it to 7.95.but some people say it's bad.please tell me is 7.95 version is ok than 7.91?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SURAJTHEGREAT

how to roll back to older version...and the recent firmware 7.95 has also not fixed the issue of song resume after call...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Anup87

hey guys I am facing critical problem after updating my softwre to 7.96. Now whenewer I palys music or attend any call or try to surf net I got blank screen after 2-3 min.s user. So what should I do do you peoples have any suggetion or shall I say goodby to this cell. Please help me I am facing lot of problems due to 7.96 or weather is it possible to get older version????? 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Hi,

sw version 07.95 has the screen saver removed for power saving reasons. Over all this release should save power and therefore increase battery life.

Also, if the users have any problems with their phones, they should back up all of their data, and re-flash. If problems still persist, then restore the factory settings (Menu-->Settings-->Restore Factory Settings). This should help solve some problems.

Br

Mahayv

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chandruganguly

i analyze your problem.......song hearing and call attending  in simultaneously s your mobile software problem.......and then attending cal through headset you hearing the voice very low means....check other headset to use for cal....if u hear the voice clearly in the other headset means its your headset problem..............

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vishilu7

hi guys,new version 7.97 is available give it a try,its working gud enough,ANUR87,update it to resolve ur problem..!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sunieltyagi

i can not update my mobile software. when i connect with nokia phone updates it shows 'no update available' so please help me.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

As the availability of update depends on Product Code / Region and also if the phone is Network locked then the update is possible only after an approval from the Operator.. it seems you will have to wait and keep checking till an update is made available for your phone...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
phoneswitchoff

my phone switch of update

Please use plain text.