Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 6230 unlocked but won't take sim

Registered Member

6230 unlocked but won't take sim

I recently paid to have 6230 unlocked, it was originally vodafone phone. I have tried to put other sim cards into this phone and it will not take them, it appears with message "security code". I don't know it and I asked vodafone to help and they were more than useless!!!!!

Can anyone help please, have 10 yr old who desparately wants to use the phone.

Tania
Please use plain text.
Advisor
schtooo

There is an interesting little section in the product manual, which covers this very problem, and it even lists the default security code. If you dont have the manual, you can download it from the support pages on this site.
Schtooo

My Brain Hurts!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have the manual and the default security code which is 12345 but it doesn't work!!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
schtooo

If that is the case then you will need to get the security code reset to 12345 at a service point. Nothing you can do on your own.:smileysad:
Schtooo

My Brain Hurts!!!!!
Please use plain text.

i bought a 6230, it is an ex-contract with vodafone, i've had it un-locked and i've tried an orange sim, tesco sim, t-mobile sim and also a vodafone sim but it still says 'insert sim card' please help!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

have you checked to see unlock has actually happened
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

the other code if 12345 doesnt work is 0000
Please use plain text.

The security level on the handset has been set to 'phone ' this prompts the handset to ask for the security code every time a simcard other than the one the code was set up on is used. There is no way around this other than to input the correct code. If 12345 and 0000 do not work then it will need the repair centre to reset it to the default for you.
Please use plain text.