Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 6230i Messages

6230i Messages

I have just bought a Nokia 6230i, although I can send and receive txt messages, when I have been sent a picture, they go to the T-Mobile website.
Any ideas? is there a setting for receiving pictures I may not know about?
Please use plain text.
Sage

you may need the mms settings.you can get them from the nokia website or your operator http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,77073,00.html

also if you are using an old sim you may need the operator to activate gprs and mms on the sim card. If you call them they should be able to send you them 'over the air'
Please use plain text.

Thanks for that have tried it, but I still get the same problem, ie when I go to send the picture, it just goes to my OUTBOX for sending and when I try to send to send it, it just says saving to OUTBOX for sending, doesnt actually send it
Help please !!!
Please use plain text.
Sage

try connectiong to gprs wap. If that doesn't work either the sim hasn't been enabled or the phone is faulty. If it does it is more than likely a setting problem
Please use plain text.

Hi thanks for that will try in a moment, seems strange i can send a text message and receive one without a problem, just seems a problem with images.
Please use plain text.
Sage

sms and mms work completely different. sms (text) is sent on the GSM where as mms is sent via GPRS
Please use plain text.

Ok thankx once again, will go into my local Nokia dealer and see what they say.
Phone does say GPRS CONNECTION NOT AVAILABLE I've just seen
Please use plain text.