Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 6230i Number

Advisor
andy31370

6230i Number

I have recently changed from Orange Pay As You Go to O2 Pay & Go. I ported my number over from Orange to O2. However in the Contacts menu "My Numbers" where it shows you your own number, it displays a different number (I think it's the original number of the SIM that I purchased). How can I change this number to my own number, the number that is now assigned to the SIM card ? Thanks
O2
Nokia 6303i
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ruby_ruby_ruby

You cannae change it unfortunately.

I would advise just to keep a record of your number in your phone book. A lot simpler.
Please use plain text.
Professor

It is possible to change the number however you will need a older handset like a 6150 to do it.

I did it with a couple of Tesco SIM's when I ported from Orange PAYG.
First use the search to see if your question has already been answered...
Secondly I will not knowingly assist in breaking the forum rules.
My information is always changing, what I post at the time is usually true.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
andy31370

Is there any other way of changing the number ? I only have my 6230i and my old 5140.
O2
Nokia 6303i
Please use plain text.
Professor

Don't think there is, couldn't do it with my 5140 and 6230.
First use the search to see if your question has already been answered...
Secondly I will not knowingly assist in breaking the forum rules.
My information is always changing, what I post at the time is usually true.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
andy31370

Managed to do it by putting my SIM card in my old 5210. I was able to change the phone number and also add a name to it. Thanks for the advice.
O2
Nokia 6303i
Please use plain text.