Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

6233 "charger not supported"

Registered Member

6233 "charger not supported"

I've just received a replacement 6233 handset from orange and when I plug it in to charge (using the original charger) As soon as the backlight turns off I get a message saying "Charger not supported". I have tried a new charger which also doesn't work. My handset uses software version 5.43 and there is no available upgrade for my model number 0537495.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: 6233 "charger not supported"

The handset is faulty.

You should return it to orange.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Yaiks.

Seems like you got a busted unit.

return it at once..

And if they give you a replacement, check it first.
MiGs
migs.wordpress.com
nokia 6233 addict! and NSERIES reviewer
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I got round this problem on my new 3109. I swapped batteries with an old mobile (1112) - they both charge OK now, with batteries swapped round.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

You still shouldn't have to do that on a brand new unit!

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi, I have 3109 & have just tried to charge & getting a message "charger not supported"?? Can anyone help??

Please use plain text.