Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

6280 Firmware Update.Phone keeps reseting itself.

6280 Firmware Update.Phone keeps reseting itself.

Hi, currently have the 6280 on the 3 network.

Getting annoying problem with the phone reseting itself whenever a key is pressed - this happens about 2-5 times a day and is very annoying.

im wondering where i can get/download a firmware update for the phone that could help me out of this problem.

Heres my current version:
V 03.36
05-12-05
RM-78

Would really appreciate some help here!!
Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: 6280 Firmware Update.Phone keeps reseting itself.

Is it the same problem that I got?, posted a thread at:
http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum/showthread.php?p=183183#post183183
but after I found this forum.. :/

Same text as in previus link:
---
Hi, the Nokia 6280 with Nokia s40 system crashes sometimes when you use some application in conjunction with the musicplayer/radio.

Listen to music through musicplayer then when you edit the navigationbuttons options the "multimedia" option always shows blocks instead of text (using swedish language). After changing some of the options the cellphone rebooted itself/i.e crashed.

Crashed once more 3 hours later when switching from the radio to musicplayer without turning off the radio before.

Third time it crashed when I was listening through the musicplayer and opened the nameslist to call but it crashed as soon as the list opened.
Please use plain text.

Same problem except mine goes one better - it will reset itself when no key has been pressed or application is runnig. It happens randomly throughout the day!

Any idea of where i can get the software update??
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Not a clue about that.. I don't even think Nokia has a fix for it. I'm gonna see if Three (3) has heard anything because they owe it to provide the fix since they sold a faulty product.
Please use plain text.
Sage

Hi,

In this kind of situations i think it is best to ask for the new firmware and apply to the Nokia service points.
Please use plain text.

"6270" Ok well I can even go one better than all you guys. Ok well 1 week after I bought it it started resetting all the time I mean all the time. Seemed like when ever I was doing anything on the phone. Except making calls that was fine. But!!!! "NOW" It wont even start up it crash's right after the begining screen. And I bought the phone from an Asian phone store in San Diego,Ca. so I get no warrentie in America with it. So now I have got to send it overseeas to get it fixed. Probably take 1 or 2 months. I am so frustrated rrrrrrrrrr......
Please use plain text.
Advisor

So the big question is - if Three do release a firmware update - how will this operate? Will you be able to go to a Three store and have this done for free? Will you need to send it in to be updated?

Floop
Please use plain text.

Flopp.

According to Three I will have to go to a 3Store and leave my phone. It will take 1-2 weeks to make the upgrade, and I will get a replacement phone if one is available.

For me it will be worth the trouble..
Please use plain text.
Advisor

WHAT! That is beyond a joke!!

I mean, you would be without your phone for 1-2 weeks - what the heck! People *need* their phones on a daily basis and they also *NEED* them to work.

I doubt Three will be willing to refund the line rental for the period the phone has been away, either. Madness.

I am very tempted to simply return mine under DSR and go with the Sony Ericsson instead.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I'm one of those whos 6280 resets when you change profile.
I found out that changing profile throw pressing the on/off button and choose the profile in that menu doesn't restart the phoen as offen like you do it throw menu->settings->profile.

Just a tip before an updated firmware will be avaliable, hope that helps some of you.

My firmware ver is 03.41, 14-01-06, RM-78.

It really sucks that you have to be without your phone for two weeks...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
edin1965

I visited my local Nokia Service Agent in Edinburgh yesterday, and he advised me that there was not yet any firmware updates for the 6280. He told me that there were more recent versions of the software (mine is 3.36). He also tolsd me that they would be able to update any network's version of the firmware. He advised me to return shortly to check if the update had been released.
Nokia

Nokia 3110> 5110> 3210> 3510> 72501i> 6280> 6630> N73> N96> N97 Black on 3UK v11.0.021; N97 Black 20.0.019, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hey i got mine tuesday14th evening, since then it has reset itself twice, but it was simply a quick flash no more than two seconds, and they seemed to happen at random times lol
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

Hi All!

I know this is very frustrating for you all. I can assure you that we are looking into this matter, but could you all let us know what network you are on and what version of software is installed? You can find this out by entering *#0000# on the phones keypad.

Cheers
-
Karim
Please use plain text.
Advisor
edin1965

Hi Karim,
My 6280 is on 3, it was purchased 27.01.06 and the firmware version is V03.36. Thanks
Nokia

Nokia 3110> 5110> 3210> 3510> 72501i> 6280> 6630> N73> N96> N97 Black on 3UK v11.0.021; N97 Black 20.0.019, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Network : 3

Nokia 6280
V 03.36
05-12-05
RM-78

I was hoping considering i bought this phone in Feb i would get V03.41 , but darrr well!
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi Karim,

Network operator - 3
v 3.41
RM-78
A

Same problems as other, restarting when you for example change profiles or changes something in active standby.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

v3.36

please help
restarts on profile change

like all the others im on 3
Please use plain text.
Advisor

v3.36

'Three' network

I'm getting all of the same problems mentioned in this thread, resetting when doing certain things like changing profiles or sending a text message, the software crashing and refusing to emit sound after attempting to play a ringtone, and extremely poor battery life (less than 24 hours, with only one 15 minute call made).

Please work hard to establish a solution to this fault, and one which Three customers can apply themselves using the USB cable that came with the phone, rather than expecting us to return our phones to Three for them to update, as they are saying this will take at least two weeks to turn around.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have had my 6280 for 2 weeks and it has 03.36 dated 05-12-05 but doesn't seem to suffer the problems referred to in this forum. It has reset itself twice but I havent been able to match it to a specific event. It does drop its bluetooth link very 30 mins or so when linked to my parrot car kit but only for a second and it re-connects itself straight away.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi, I got my replacement Nokia 6280 from Three today.

Same firmware version (03.36) and same problems as before.

Whoopdy-doo.

Floop
Please use plain text.