Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

6300 - Bluetooth will not turn on!

6300 - Bluetooth will not turn on!

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help me - I just bought a Mio C520 GPS unit and I wanted to set my 6300 up to use the Bluetooth calling facility it has.

So I went into the settings/configuration/bluetooth menu but when I select to turn it on it just ignores and BT is not turned on. I can select the 'off' option (even though it's already off) and that then says "Bluetooth switched off" but absolutely nothing happens when I select the 'on' option.

If I then try other BT functions like 'Search audio enhanc.' or Paired Devices/Add new it also does not turn on if I select 'yes' to "Switch on the Bluetooth first?".

I am using v5.50 of the driver (14-08-07, RM-217) and have tried a factory reset but the problem does not go away.... have a I got a faulty phone or is there some other setting I need to turn on? (If there is I can't see it in the manual).

Hope someone can help... this is driving me mad as I am going on a driving business trip in a few days and I really need to be able to use BT with the 6300.

Mike
Mobile Guru
android

Re: 6300 - Bluetooth will not turn on!

[ Edited ]
Any Nokia models with bluetooth can be turn on or off anytime whenever one wishes. If your phone was not able to turn on bluetooth I think it's better for you to visit the nearest Nokia Care Center to have your phone check. There's no configuration for that to set.

Message Edited by android on 18-Feb-2008 09:13 AM

Knowledge not shared is knowledge wasted!

If you find it helpfull, it's not hard to click the STAR..

Thanks android - I suspect it is faulty so I will take into the company that I got it from today and see what they say.

I have had the same problem with my Nokia 6300
i have had it for a few monts now but all of the sudden it just wont turn on,it might be a software fault