Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

6300 USB Charging

6300 USB Charging

Does the 6300 charge up while connected via a USB cable?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
nj15

Re: 6300 USB Charging

[ Edited ]
No. If you leave your phone connected to a USB port,expect an empty battery after 5-6 Hours.

CHEERioS!:smileytongue:

Message Edited by nj15 on 02-Apr-200707:20 PM

Thanks for that. I had a feeling that was the case.
Its a shame, because it would be such an elegant solution.
Never mind - it's still a gorgeous phone!
cheers, colin
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
nj15

No PROb:smileytongue: Don't worry,Nokia will eventually make phones that can be charged via USB.

Yeah the elegant and slick appearance makes it so popular among youths,businessmen,and also adults.It also makes it a worthy successor to N6233 in terms of size.

CHEERIOS :smileyhappy:!!!

you could get the Nokia Charging Connectivity Cable CA-70. This connectivity cable lets you charge your phone while transferring data to or from your PC. It is especially suitable for multimedia devices that use a lot of battery power when downloading large data files.

N.B You will also need to get the Charger Adapter CA-44 to convert from 3.5mm power connector to 2mm connector.
Please use plain text.
Professor

CA-70 doesn't help much. It has Pop-Port (but 6300 has mini-USB).
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I was in Hong Kong recently and picked up the following:

- USB wall charger (a bit like the Apple iPod wall charger)
- USB charging cable (USB on one end, Nokia charging plug on other end)

I imagine you would probably be able to pick up something similar on eBay. The important thing to bear in mind is that wall charger needs to be able to output a higher enough voltage and current. Otherwise I suspect the phone will drain instead of charge.

>Thanks for that. I had a feeling that was the case.
>Its a shame, because it would be such an elegant solution.
>Never mind - it's still a gorgeous phone!
>cheers, colin
Please use plain text.