Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

6300 calendar sync with MS Outlook

6300 calendar sync with MS Outlook

Hi, with my brand new N6300 I want to skip my old PDA and only use my phone for sync of calendar appointments.

Problem is that whilst the calendar appointments are sync'ed alright, I only seem to get the 'Subject line' from the appointment over from Outlook into my N6300, but non of the text from the text field from Outlook which that typically wld hold the eg. the agenda of the meeting.

I use the Nokia PC Suite for the sync process and I have reviewed it i detail, but do not seem to find anything that I have left out.

A friend of mine has a N73, he gets it all...is this there a limitation on N6300 on this point?

Thanks for any hits anybody may have
Brian
Please use plain text.

Re: 6300 calendar sync with MS Outlook

Hi, I was told to call the support centre who told me that I need a N-series or E-series as the N6300 only supports transfer of Subject lines, reminder function (time) and the location (e.g. a specific meeting room or city etc)
Please use plain text.

Hi - I don't quite understand you as I have a N73 and the same problems occur when I synchronise MS Outlook appointments. On my N73 I can only see the Subject text and not also the Details too.

I travel a lot and use the Details field to hold e.g. my travel plan ect. Help is really appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Sage
knowledge

Due to the length limitations on entries in the calendar of the phone only the subject will be taken across. Also, the subject can only be text in Outlook where the body have have html and other embedded objects. Therefor the phone ignores the body.
Knowledge should be your Advisor when you need help.
1610»2110»8110»5110»3310»6210»7250i»6220»6230»6230i»6233

Love me or hate me, its still an obsession. Love me or hate me, that is the question. If you love me then Thank you! If you hate me then ...
Please use plain text.

Thank you for your insight "Knowledge". However, isn't there a paradoks when Briansax has a friend who's N73 apparently does sync with Appointment details and not just Subject text.

Therefore, if would be interesting if Briansax could double check with his friend to confirm whether it really is true that the friend is able to sync with MS Outlook and getting Appointment details into his N73 calendar.

Hope your are still here Briansax and willing to help.
Please use plain text.