Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

6300 call dropping

Registered Member

6300 call dropping

Have just moved to O2 from Orange and changed all company phones to 6300s. Users are complaining about poor battery life and bad reception/call dropping. A conversation with O2 has led me to believe that I need to 'switch off' G3 as the phone is trying to connect only to G3 enabled stations and is ignoring G2 ?

My problem. Can't see how to do this on the phone. Am i being stupid or missing something obvious ?

Dave

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: 6300 call dropping

The 6300 is not a 3G phone so the advice about switching that off does not apply.

Were the phones previously locked to orange and have orange firmware (i.e orange branding within the menus)?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

No, sim free. Strange that O2 should give that advice. These phones came highly recommended, but I need to resolve the call dropping/poor signal so am open to ideas.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Poor advice from networks never surprises me.  They all use scripts instead of real knowledge now.

The decrease in battery life, poor signal and call dropping suggest that you are in a poor O2 2G coverage area.  You were probably lucky before to be in a strong orange 2G coverage area.  When a signal is poor the phone tries to compensate which increases the power drain.

If it's happening to every phone the only real option I can see is to ditch O2 and return to orange.

Please use plain text.