Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

6300 keeps restarting

Registered Member

6300 keeps restarting

I've just purchased a Nokia 6300 and have noticed that it keeps re-starting... certain things trigger it off:

1. When I try to connect to the internet (this keeps happening)
2. When I send a text message (this has happened once)
3. When I play a video (this has happened once)
4. When I make a phone call (this has happened a few times)
5. When I connect via the USB cable and start to copy files on to the phone (this has happened a few times)

... as you can see it happens an awful lot and its annoying. Is this a fault with the phone or the sim or something else?

Thanks,

Smiling (not!!)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
poseidon

Re: 6300 keeps restarting

Hello,

I suggest resetting your handset back to default settings and if this doesn't solve your problem, then contact a Nokia Care point.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hello

I have exactly the same problem. I purchased a Nokia 6300 last Friday 7th Sept. It keeps restarting. I think that there is a problem with the phone or a batch of phones. Nokia Care has not yet recognised the problem as the phone did not fail in the 20min I was there. Anyway I think I can now get it to fail on demand so lets see tomorrow.

Foli
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
korngear

Such problems push the series 40 phone owners to go to a nokia care.
So, I guess performin yourself a hard reset must be incorpporated in series 40 phones.
They are the most decorated phone by nokia.:smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

why does this happen...i was just sending a message...and before it sends..it restarted...any suggestion for this???
Please use plain text.