Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

6300 signal

Advisor

6300 signal

hey

im on vodafone and i usually get good signal with my 6300 but today i took my battery out and its not been the same i get no signal at all (one very very rarely)
i have put the sim into two older nokias and i get the normal signal i would expect.
im guessing the problems with the phone as i have rung vodaphone and they claim my area is good i can back this up with my mums phone working fine.
anything i can do ?
quite odd how its happened all of a sudden i love my 6300 and would like to fix it

if anybody could help id be very grateful

many thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

Re: 6300 signal

how old is your sim card, sometimes older sim cards have a tendency to 'act out'.
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Advisor

sim was bought 30th november 2008

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

nah then that can't be it. ok short of reformatting your phone i would have to guess it might be a hardware failure of sorts :smileysad: you would have to take it either to provider for exchange or to nokia care to get that sorted out. reformat option should be somewhere in the phone settings. make sure you back up your data if you can before you reformat as you will lose all your data on the phone.
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Advisor

thanks ive nothing much on there anyway its just a good ringer and texting simple phone its not like im guna get jumped for it either.

ill let you know how it goes 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

yes please let us know if something worked out or is a matter of having to get your handset fixed.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

its saying i need a secuirty code to restor factory settings 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

oooops default should be 12345
Please use plain text.
Advisor

restoring now

still not worked :smileysad:

no signal and now ive lost all my texts lol not a good day for me 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

i am sorry you are having trouble with your phone. and yes i think i did mention that you will lose all of your data if you do a reformat. :smileysad: also try this as a last resort take out your battery for 15 minutes, remove your sim card and just let the phone be. after that time assemble it back again and see if it makes any difference. if that does not work you will either have to exchange it with your provider which would be quicker if you just got the phone or go to nokia care point for service. sorry i don't have any other ideas for you, it sucks
Please use plain text.
Advisor

not your fault youve been very helpfull ill try the 15minuet thing :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

yes please do and let us know if it helped any.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

still nothing

damn 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

ok in that case you know what to do , have your provider exchange it as i take it , it is still under warranty. sorry no good news for you today.
Please use plain text.