Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

6500 Slide won't turn on

Contributor

6500 Slide won't turn on

I bought a 6500 slide on Thursday and charged it for around 12 hours overnight before turning it on. I used it fairly heavily during the day, and it ran flat - I was advised to run it completely flat after the first charge. I have had it plugged into the charger for several hours now but it still won't turn on again. Any ideas?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: 6500 Slide won't turn on

Pardon the double post, but as an additional note, there is no charging indicator whatsoever visible. Should there be? The powerpoint is definitely good - I have used it with my previous phone with no issues, so I know the power supply to that is fine.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

I have a couple of things in mind and we should start with the simplest.

You mentioned you know the powerpoint is fine. What about the charger? Do you have another charger you can try or do you have a multimeter you can use to check the output from the charger?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I don't have another charger that'll work with this one but as there's an electrician in the family I think I can rustle up a multimeter :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Great. Check the output. It may be a dud. We may have to consider plan B if it isn't.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Quite a bit of development today.

I took it to my dad's electrical business to have it tested - the charger tested fine and when he plugged it into the wall it started to charge - however when he disconnected and reconnected the plug it stopped working. So it appears I have an intermittent fault. He suggested I took it back to the dealer, which I did, however there it performed perfectly. When I took it back home and connected it it began to charge but stopped well before reaching a full charge. Since then it has refused to charge any more, I have tried different power points and disconnecting/reconnecting both the whole phone and the battery itself to no effect, it does not even acknowledge that power is connected.

What would you suggest?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

confusedcious wrote:

Quite a bit of development today.

I took it to my dad's electrical business to have it tested - the charger tested fine and when he plugged it into the wall it started to charge - however when he disconnected and reconnected the plug it stopped working. So it appears I have an intermittent fault.

Do you mean the intermittent fault is with the charger?

Unfortunately we all come accross these intermitent gremlins from time to time. The annoying thing is they always seem to work when you bring it in to the shop. Since it is brand new, I would bring it back for a replacement. Thing is, it may take a while to replicate the fault.

Other option, if the fault is with the charger is to

1. Get an AC-44 adaptor for your old nokia chargers. Everyone has a few of those lying around.

2. Get a charger yourself.

The adaptor and chargers aren't that expensive but as a matter of principle you should be getting it replaced or fixed.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Personally I'm really not sure if the fault is in charger or phone - the dealer has a policy of replacing any that fault in the first thirty days, phone, charger, battery and all, but like I say, while there it behaved.

I will see if I can borrow a charger like you suggested from a friend - see if that solves the problem.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

That is probably the best thing to do. Anyway you now know you have 30days to prove the point and get a replacement. That takes a bit of presuure off.

Please use plain text.

I have the same problem with the same phone.

It is not the charger - I have tried three different ones and the will all charge different phones but not this one.  It is not the outlet either.  So there is definitely something wrong with the phone.

9 years I have been using Nokia now - this my 3rd Nokia in 6 months.  This summer I had to get one phone replaced after the off button broke after 4 days.  The  replacement phone never got a good signal even in a known good signal area (my husband has no problems getting a signal).  And now it looks like this one will have to go in for repair/replacement as well. 

I may have to rethink my loyalty to Nokia...

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I had the phone and charger both replaced and have had no problems since.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Well done!. Glad to hear it all worked out in the end.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi there,

im having alot of trouble at the moment with my Nokia 6500 slide, recently where i am living 3G were doing
upgrades on the Signal Masts so that they could boost the power for dongles, whilst this was happening i was
calling 3G customer services from my mobile to complain that i could not use the internet BUT it was still taking
my usage from me.

while i was on the phone to 3G, my mobile made a strange beep and turned of (the signal was all over the place as
well).

since then i have not been able to turn my phone back on, i bought my 6500 slide when it first came out, and i have
Never had any trouble with it until 3G made upgrades to the masts within the area.

i went to the shop i bought it from and they said because i do not have my receipt they cant do nothing for me, this
personally from my perspective is 3G's fault in some way with all the signal and goings on.

do you have any idea how i can try and fix my phone as it cost me alot of money to buy it brand new and im losing
out big style here :smileyhappy:

KevP

Please use plain text.