Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 6500slide error in connection problem

Registered Member

6500slide error in connection problem

guys, i keep having this problem occasionally when i try making calls out using my mobile.

Then the screen will shows error in connection after trying to make calls out.

When people trying to reach me, they can't as it will be said that the M1 suscriber is not avaliable at the moment, pls try again later.

This problem only occurs when i'm at home. When i'm outside, its working perfectly fine.

I'm a M1 user and the phone is bought from a singtel shop.

Can anyone give me some advice or help ?
Please use plain text.
Sage

What does the network indicator say when you're at home? Maybe you have some sort of jamming transmitter in your flat.
Sometimes the solution is closer than you think... sometimes farther
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hmmm.... the network indicator nv say anything, but the network bar is full.

Wat is jamming transmitor? example?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

The problem is most likely caused by a weak 3G signal that your handset is picking up. A weak 3G signal can cause odd problems like connection errors and call dropping.

Try disabling 3G to test to see if it's the cause of your problems.

The setting can be found in the network settings menu. It should be set to GSM, not dual mode or UMTS.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

wow..... ur suggestion really solve my problem.

Thanks a lot man....

If i change it to jus GSM, does that means people can't 3G video call me ?? if thats the case of picking up weak 3G signal, any other ways to solve the problem ??
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Once you disable it you will no longer be able to make or receive video calls and you data speed may be slower.

I've had the same problem myself for years. I get a very weak 3G signal at home and work and this causes the phone to constantly search for the network which results in these errors.

Until the network boosts it's 3G signal in my area i am stuck with this problem. When I visit a larger city and need to use data I switch 3G back on.

So unfotunately there is nothing that can be done about it until your network has a better transmitter in your area.

On the plus side you should notice an increase in battery life.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

o.... kk....

thanks a lot of ur help.

really appreciate it

Thanks Thanks
Please use plain text.