Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: ASHA 303 custom POP3 setting

Registered Member
nelezele

ASHA 303 custom POP3 setting

Hello,

I have a problem with custom email setup. When I try to setup a new email account, I have option to input email address and password but no POP3 and SMTP server. When I click on sign-in, I get some error message (something like: login is not possible, please try again later). I expect to get some wizard to setup POP3 and SMTP server.

BTW, internet connection and my Gmail account are working properly.

Is there any solution for my problem?

Thanks in advance,

Nenad

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
astra2025

[ Edited ]

Hi nelezele, 

Welcome to Nokia discussions board!

When you setup an e-mail account, the server will be detected and if recognised it will download the settings automatically. However, if the server is not recognised, the setup feature will give you the option to enter the settings manually. 

As you have an error message while tryinig to set up your e-mail, I advise you to perform a soft reset: type *#7780# on the keypad. Original lock code is 12345. 

If the issue persists, perform a hard reset. First of all, back up your data using Nokia Suite. Once your data is fully backed up,  type *#7370# on the keypad. 

Alternatively, you may also check for updates on Nokia Suite (by going to Tools > Updates). If no updates are available, reinstall the current version. 

Let us know how you get on and feel free to post any other questions you may have. 

Regards, 

astra2025

Press the 'Accept Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nelezele

Hello Astra,

First of all, thanks for quick response!

I’ve tried soft restart but with no results.

BTW, I contacted NOKIA’s contact center for Europe (by e-mail and later by phone) and I asked them for my problem. The answer is something I can’t believe:

“If you want to make any other e-mail account (none of predefined), you will have to contact us and we will make it for you. You are not able to do it for your safety and your comfort.”

Is it possible?!?!?!?!

They said me that process of opening new account may take 1 day to 1 month! “… for your comfort…” Also they asked me for all POP3 and SMTP settings and my username and password for that account (I did not give my username and password).

If this is true, my privacy is threatened and functionality purchased (e-mail) is denied!

Astra, you have NOKIA sign next to your name, so I suppose you are some NOKIA authorized moderator. Could you check this, please? (url I have used: http://www.nokia.com/rs-sr/podrska/kontakt/pitajte-nokiju/ )

Does anybody have similar problem?

Regards,

Nenad

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
astra2025

Hi nelezele, 

I advise you to take your device to your nearest Nokia Care Point (this link provides the two Nokia Care Points addresses in Serbia) for a check up. Please do not give your password to anyone. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Regards, 

astra2025

Press the 'Accept Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bluewall

I am having the same problem. Nokia is currently working on it to find a solution. Mailserver information is not accepted. Also when setting out port on fe 26 nokia 303 switches it to 25 . No deal this is not good!

Waiting for a nokia solution.

Please use plain text.
nickspur

I too am having a problem and am unable even to set  my Gamil account working. I have three POP3 accounts that I can get up and running on everything else I have except the 303 that I received today and am considering returning it to Amazon as not fit for purpose.

Please use plain text.
nickspur

There is a workaround. Point your PC at http://www.mobyware.net/nokia-asha-303-device-2389/email-tag/pico-get-free-139044.html and download the app to your PC. Then connect your Asha 303 in Ovi mode to the PC. Use Windows Explorer to go to the folder in which you saved the PICO file and double-click its filename. Nokia suite will offer to install  it on your device.

Then you can use PICO to set up your email accounts. I've managed to do my POP3 accounts but my Gmail one is proving a bit tricky. You have to know all the email account parameters as the automated setup just doesn't work and the program itself is not all that intuitive but it does seem to function properly.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rastech

[ Edited ]

Easiest way around this is to use an included email account service (with mine it included  BT - British Telecom - pop3 email which came with the SIM free version in the UK, and if you have a provider version your provider would probably include what's necessary for their e-mail?).

So I hijacked that and used my own details and server addresses, it works a charm, and is even listed with my e-mail address rather than a BT label. Took literally a couple of minutes to set up. Literally just done it, and I notice now I have to find out how to make emails not disappear from view in the inbox once I have read them. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.