Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: ASHA 308

Contributor
EdogawaConan

ASHA 308

Hi there, I have Asha 308 and trying to install WhatsApp but it can't :smileysad:(. It said, that it don't compatible with my device. I've seen both 308 and 309 have similiar spec just 309 got wifi but both is using 2G, so why only 309 can install WhatsApp and not 308? So frustrated :smileysad:(. Please advise! 

Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

To what i know, WhatsApp only works on single-sim Nokia phones and as Asha 308 is dual, WhatsApp can't be run on that :smileysad:
Contributor
EdogawaConan

This is sad :smileysad:(
Contributor
EdogawaConan

can ur 311 play the u-tube? i can open up until the list of all video, but when i open up that particular video [i click on watch video], the error msg appear as 'no response' :smileysad:(
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Yes. Although the stream quality is not that good, It works pretty fine for me.
Super Smooth when i use it on 3G, there are some lags on the 2G network, but it plays fine.
Most common reason for No Response is issue with network. Is your net connection very slow? Or have you set proper access points valid for your sim in Settings> Configuration?

Instead of streaming videos, i prefer watching a preview and then downloading and watching in better quality.
Sage
Aniefiok

@singhnsk,can you download youtube videos?
Nokia is the best!!!
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Yes.. You can get YourTube (YouTube Downloader) for a charge (₹10 for me) from Nokia Store or else download it free from SourceForge.
It allows you to download videos from YouTube in plenty of formats MP4 360p being my favorite. But if you're on slow connection or if your phone doesn't supports MP4, 3gp/ H will work fine for you.
Contributor
abramadhi

You can install whatsapp in asha 308. It's working, you just need to set which sim card that you want to use for data. That way whatsapp can constantly push the message into your phone using the data service from the simcard that you use for data service. 

Registered Member
Ghost75

How do I delete icons from the main menu... some are useless for me

Registered Member
Ghost75

Sorry, my mistake... I should have been an inquiery, not a reply for your problem

Registered Member
kunji

how can i use whatsapp in nokia asha 308

Counsellor
Expertiasi

[ Edited ]

No!!!!  whatsapp also run on dual sim . may be you have got some problem with your device. Contact with your local call center.

Mobile Sensei
Abi99

kunji wrote:

how can i use whatsapp in nokia asha 308

Have you installed already via http://www.whatsapp.com/s40/WlWhatsApp.jad

Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

^ This is kinda new for me. Is it a separate version for dual sim phones? :smileysurprised:
Thanks for the link though.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

This was the variant my Nokia 210 Dual SIM got after using the internal WhatsApp Launcher. I guess the ‘Wl’ stands for WhatsApp Launcher. In the JAD, there is a difference:

Nokia-MIDlet-bg-user-disable: false
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

To clarify the steps:

1. on your phone, open Internet
  2. enter the address: www.whatsapp.com/s40/WlWhatsApp.jad
  3. :smileyhappy:

Alternatively, you can on your computer

1. download the above JAD file
  2. extract the address behind MIDlet-Jar-URL
  3. with that address, download the current version WhatsApp
  4. beam both, the JAD and JAR over to your Nokia (microSD card, Bluetooth, or Nokia PC Suite)
  5. :smileyhappy:
Bayla

Abi99,

So glad I found this post. I finally managed to successfully put WhatsApp on my Nokia 515. Thank you so much.

But I would like to point out that in the last part of the address there is a lowercase letter L between the two uppercase Ws and not a capital I which is what I was putting in. With some fonts they look identical. Took me a day to realise that. :smileyembarrassed: 

skellyej

I would like to send you a big thanks for the above information, I just downloaded whatsapp for my nokia 515, would have been lost without your help.Thanks a million

playfulangel14

Moved to Asha and other Nokia Series 30 and Series 40 phones Board

Contributor
Lucky_man

I am using Nokia Asha 503 which is a dual sim mobile and it has whatsapp preinstalled. It doesn't matter you have a single sim or dual sim mobile. all you want is a supported java runtime and enough memory in your phone which is designed for running java based apps. There are other alternatives to run whatsapp in asha 208. Pls try out those.