Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Asha 201

Registered Member
Mable
Accepted Solution

Asha 201

I have just purchased a Nokie Asha 201 but do not want to connect to the internet.  Are there any settings that I should change to make sure that the phone does not connect every time that I switch on?  As a previous phone that I had, used up a lot of money until I was talked through the settings so that the phone wasn't connected to the internet.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Well, Nokia's s40 phones don't usually connect automatically.
You can however remove the GPRS settings from Menu> settings> Connectivity and then it won't be able to connect without settings.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mable

Thank you Singhnsk

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

The configuration settings for connection are found in the menu- settings - configuration settings/access point. Delete the settings present in the menu & if the phone is not network locked it will not be able to connect to internet. If you need to connect , the settings will have to be entered again.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
suny123

send me nokia asha 201 restrication cod

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Hi suny123,

Welcome to Nokia Discussions.

A restriction code can only be provided by the operator that SIM locked the device. Please contact them for further assistance. 

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nelucantea

Why not go application,,INTERNET "and application,,SOCIAL" from my phone asha201?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
HaNquo

my asha 201 just went off while the battery was full,tried switching it on, it can only show the nokia hands greeting then goes off..what could be the problem?...and what's the solution??

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
LW117

Maybe virus
Please use plain text.