Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Asha 202 dual sim

Wireman_1
Accepted Solution

Asha 202 dual sim

Hi, I have just bought the Nokia Asha 202 dual sim phone and tried a micro SD card in it today and it registered as 'unformatted'.

Using the menu Settings/Device/Memory status/SD card it shows the card as unformatted but there are no 'Options' setting which would allow me to format it in the phone.

Can the micro SD card be formatted in the phone?

Thanks

Wireman_1

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: Asha 202 dual sim

Hi Wireman_1,

Thanks for your post and welcome!

It is possible to format or rename a memory card. You can also set a password to protect the contents. These options are found here: Menu>apps>Apps and games>select and hold the memory card>Mem. card opt.>Format m. card

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Wireman_1

Re: Asha 202 dual sim

Thank you very much Kosh, I was able to confirm that my new micro SD card is faulty.

The phone sees the SD card but when I attempt to format it I get the message "Operation Failed", also tried the card in my laptop and after a few attempts Windows 7 sees the card but cannot format it, also my Sony e-Reader cannot see the micro SD card.

At least the phone is okay as it recognises other micro SD cards that I have so will return my new micro SD card for a replacement.

Please use plain text.