Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Asha 203 does not regognize 16 GB microSD card

yavor_ivanov

Asha 203 does not regognize 16 GB microSD card

My daughter is a proud owner of Nokia Asha 203 since x-mas. She asked me do buy a memory card and I took a 16 GB class 6 one (from Samsung). When I put the card in the phone, it does not recognize it:

- I have copied some MP3s and they are not detected. When I choose "Memory library details" from the media player, it says 

Memory card: (unknown)

- When I plug in an USB cable and choose mass storage mode, the phone says "Insert memory card to continue"

I have tried with an older card - 4 GB class 4 - and it works like charm, the phone detects and plays MP3s from it. I have tried putting the 16 GB MircoSD in another player (in fact, one cheap chnese player) - works just fine. 

I have updated to the latest firmware: 20.52 from 27-09-12. Did not help. It seems to me that Asha 203 cannot handle 16GB MicroSDHC. Can anybody help with this?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

Re: Asha 203 does not regognize 16 GB microSD card

Have you tried to check if the memory card that you have purchased are working? try inserting the memory card to other device and see if it will work. Also, try to check if you are inserting the memory card properly. You may also try to access the files of the memory card via PC (using a card reader) and then make a backup for all of the files on the memory card then try to format it. 

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
yavor_ivanov

As i wrote in theninitial post, I have tried putting the 16 GB MircoSD in another player (in fact, one cheap chnese player) - works just fine

It also works fine on the card reader attached to my PC.

I'm curious if this is common problem for this phone, or is it just mine

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PrajayBasu

Then try formatting it to the Fat 32 File system from your PC. But before formatting besure to copy the files to your Computer's memory as formatting erases al the data on your memory card.

Please give some kudos if it worked!

=======================================================
I'm a passionate Nokia S40 and Windows Phone Developer and work for my own company, Prajay Corporation. And...I like Kudos!
Please use plain text.