Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Asha 300 anomalies - advice appreciated

TarmacJunkie

Asha 300 anomalies - advice appreciated

Can anyone help with the issues of my Asha 300?

I have to recharge my handset EVERY DAY, yet it still sometimes goes flat with very moderate use - and I don't use apps!  Returned to shop who said this was NORMAL for this model, so not faulty and wouldn't exchange.  Has anyone else been surprised at the short battery life, especially as it's advertised with over 3 weeks standby!

In general I like the features and interface, particularly the customisable options on the home screen and CONVERSATIONS which is great, but I have a few issues which I can't fjnd a way around, and would be gtrateful for some help:

The touch screen has trouble differentiating between scroll and select - there's no navi or pick buttons - and has taken up to 17 attempts to select;

I can't find any way to stop the auto screen-lock - esp. annoying when in a holder while driving it's pointless, and the screenlock even occurs during a longer function such as slow page-loading whilst on-line;

There are over 2 pages of (mainly unwanted) predefined bookmarks which I can't delete/ move; new bookmark folders seem to be limited to 2 entries, after which it says "name already exists" whatever I'm creating; also, the browser always goes BACK to the top of the page, rather than the last position as normal - meaning scrolling down again;

I can't find a screen brightness or time-on control;

Where is the call duration log?

Any advice on these points greatly appreciated - TIA

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Hi mate,

if you are having major problems and Restoring the phone to factory settings doesn't work either, then you will need to take your phone to your local Nokia Care point for them to inspect.

to locate nearest Nokia care: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Cellphonegenius

If the phone was new and the battery terminates quickly that just means you didn't follow the instruction that every new phone needs to be charged at least 24 hours before using it but if it was a second hand phone I just think you need to check if the battery is an original nokia battery if not buy a new nokia battery from a store near you. remember that playing games and watching videos makes your battery level decrease rapidly
Please use plain text.