Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Asha 300 - isync compatibilty

mrcyril

Asha 300 - isync compatibilty

[ Edited ]

Hi there,  I've just bought a Nokia 300 and it seems to be incompatible with isync, to transfer my contacts and ical across.  Any ideas how to do this?  

Thanks in advance!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Asha 300 - isync compatibilty

hi- sorry I can't help.. I'm having the same problem. There doesn't seem to be a plug-in for it (yet??). Does Nokia monitor these discussions? I really hope they fix this. Half of my contacts aren't even on my phone yet.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

Hi guys,

Thank you for posts and welcome to the forums!

You can find all iSync compatible devices here

Unfortunately it seems that Nokia Asha 300 is not compatible with iSync. 

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
mrcyril

This just in! Response from Nokia.

"Hi .....,

Thank you for contacting the Nokia Careline.

We understand that you would like to sync your Nokia Asha 300 with your Mac computer.

This is to confirm that your Nokia Asha 300 is not yet compatible with iSync.

Currently, updates regarding the compatibility with iSync are yet to be available. We are still looking forward for the information.

To get a notification for any updates, you can register with My Nokia and subscribe to email or SMS notifications.

We hope that we have helped resolve your concern."
Please use plain text.
robwells

I've also bought a Nokia 300, and find I cannot sync it to my Mac.  There is a thoroughly useless reply somewhere in this string, to the effect that Nokia have not yet produced the drivers for this model, and iSync does not recognise the device.  That really is not helpful, and one wonders about the competence of a company which brings out a phone, sells it to the public with no warning as to its limited use, and after some months, fails to sort out the problem.

O2 have suggested to me that I install PC suite on a friend's Windows computer instead, and do all my back-up tasks on that, possibly transferring my contacts on a memory stick to a file on my Mac for safe keeping, although it might not be readable.  I have yet to do this, and the security issues raised are putting me off.

Come on Nokia, pull your finger out!  No wonder the company is going down the tubes with advice like "the device is not compatible with iSync"!  I'm not at all impressed by the competence or even honesty of the company.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

Re: Asha 300 - isync compatibility

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys,

We understand this must be most inconvenient for Mac users. However, there is a workaround to the backup issue, though it may sound a bit gimmicky. 

First back up your phone: Menu > Settings > Sync & backup > Create backup. This will create a backup file to "Backup files" folder on your memory card.  

After this, remove the memory card and connect it into your computer using an adapter (usually supplied with the card). Finally, copy the backup file on your Mac for safekeeping. 

If you need to restore your phone, just copy the backup file back on the memory card and select Menu > Settings > Sync & backup > Restore backup.

There is a workaround to the calendar and contact sync issue as well. When Mail for Exchange becomes available for your device, first sync your iCal/contacts with GMail/Hotmail then use MfE to sync it with your phone. 

Let us know if this helps,

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
mcampbell

There are a set of third party iSync plugins that I have used with the X3-02 and Asha 303 that I have successfully used to sync contacts and ical with my phones. You can locate the website for these plugins if you do a web search for mactomster.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mtwesley

I had the same problem and eventually created a plugin this morning, using an existing plugin as a base. It's not too difficult. However, this was before I saw the post about a "mactomster" package of plugins, which I haven't used, but may also work.

I've attached my plugin and it is also on my website at: mtwesley [dot] com. It works with contacts and calendar events. The other solution is at: mactomster [dot] de [slash] isync [slash] isync-en. If you don't know how to install plugins, simply unzip the file and place the plugin in the /Library/PhonePlugins folder. The mactomster site also has the same instructions, and perhaps its easier to understand there... :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
antonula72

Hi to all and Hi mtwesley. I downloaded your plugin and putted it into the folder you mention.

isync can see the device but tell it doesnt' work. Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks Antonella

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shakeyjakey

:smileyhappy: Just blutooth link yr phone with your mac first ie: pair the two together and then you are good to go!

Have fun.

Please use plain text.
macos10

I too have just been given a replacement phone Nolia 300, am trying to get photos off...bought a cable specially, arrived today, but now realise Nokia 300 not compatible with my mac, which is old but perfect G4, running OS10.5.8!

So far have uploaded photo to mac via Facebook, slow and labotious for all. Any suggestions, There is no bluetooth on mac !

Previous iphone worked fine

Please use plain text.
online20

I have a new Asha300.   Replaces older Nokia.  o2 reloaded all info for me so contacts etc are ready to use.  BUT. I cannot get Nokia Suite to stay onscreeen on PC for longer than 30 secs to link phone to PC.  It says it has encountered a problem and must close.  Have spoken to helpline, have uninstalled and reinstalled several times.  No progress.  I use Mozilla Firefox and Zonealarm, also installed SanDisk ( advice of o2 ),  otherwise no changes from previous phone which worked fine for years.  Now day four and not too much hair left to tear out !   Please advise.

Please use plain text.
online20

LIke others who post here I wonder whether Nokia reads the messages - and whether they will be interested enough to contact their unhappy customers.   I am still trying to get Nokia Suite to remain on-screen for longer than 30 seconds but it collapses and says it has encountered difficulties..  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, used deep scans from two sources to check PC and sent many many reports to Microsoft as well as trying different Browsers - IE and Mozilla Firefox.   Last resort is to return phone to o2 under complaint and get away from Nokia for good.    I don't suppose they'd give a damn.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

If Nokia Suite is not staying stable on your PC, then there's something wrong with your PC hardware or windows install.. Nokia Suite has no such know bug and runs absolutely fine in both Windows7 and 8.
Please use plain text.
online20

Thanks for answer. I use XP. Have again uninstalled and reinstalled. Have 'repaired' and all deep scans show no probs with PC. Have now uninstalled again. Will try tomorrow - after that the phone goes back.
But thanks. Compliments of the season
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

It really works absolutely fine on Windows XP. Just tried that. Do you have XP Service Pack 3 installed on your system?
If it really doesn't work, no more choices.. Just as you decide. For once, try the old Nokia PC Suite too if it works with your phone.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Peskins

Quite frankly this is worse than useless and is indicative of how out of touch Nokia is with the market and why the company is inches away from oblivion.. You have a great market opportunity to exploit simple phones for simple use cases that just use phone and calendars from mac and PC.. Easy.. There are literally millions of people who just want a phone that is a phone and a phone book but it needs to sync with the wider world to be effective.. It's over a year since the note below was posted and still no solution.. Goodbye Nokia.. It was nice knowing you.
Please use plain text.
playfulangel14

Please use plain text.