Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Asha 300 text messages not coming to my phone - wh...

Puzzled2

Asha 300 text messages not coming to my phone - why?

My phone has not received at least two incoming text messages, what can I do to fix this.  The phone was an outright purchase & I've used my existing SIM card & mobile number.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Re: Asha 300 text messages not coming to my phone - why?

Hi Puzzled2,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.

If you have not received a text that you are sure was sent to your phone number, this is most likely an issue with your operator or SIM card. To eliminate the chance that this issue is caused by the phone after all, please soft reset your phone and update the software to its latest version. 

Enter *#7780# into your phone, the default security code is 12345 unless you've altered this code yourself. Only your settings will be restored with this reset, you won't lose any data. Once the phone has rebooted, connect the phone to Nokia Suite and click on the green arrow where you will see an available update for the phone. If no update is listed, please reinstall the current software - this option is displayed in blue. 

The phone will now be cleared from any potential bugs that caused the messages not to get through. If the issue persists, please contact your operator for further assistance. You can also bring the phone to a Nokia Care Point to be completely sure there's nothing wrong with the phone; they can thoroughly check the device for any bugs. 

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Puzzled2

Hi Iris9290,

There is no problem with the SIM card.  I removed the SIM card, put it in my old phone (another Nokia) and the messages came through.  I am not a techy and I have no idea what you mean by "soft" reset my phone, or how to do this.

The only thing I could see that "may" be affecting this was in Msg Settings; Text messages, Msg Centre, the Msg centre number did not match my mobile number.

The current software details are v 07.03 29.11.11, RM-781

I am extremely disappointed in this phone!

Please use plain text.
Puzzled2

The phone does not sent text messages either, I have just tested it.  My account is prepaid & has a credit balance.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Hi Puzzled2,

Thanks for your reply.

Please refer to my previous post to find instructions for the soft reset and software update:

Enter *#7780# into your phone, the default security code is 12345 unless you've altered this code yourself. Only your settings will be restored with this reset, you won't lose any data. Once the phone has rebooted, connect the phone to Nokia Suite and click on the green arrow where you will see an available update for the phone. If no update is listed, please reinstall the current software - this option is displayed in blue. 

The message centre number is not supposed to match your mobile phone number. This number depends on the operator you're using. As you haven't indicated what operator you're using I won't be able to look up the correct message centre number for you, but if you enter 'message centre number (along with the name of your operator)' into a search engine online you'll find it. Normally this will be configured automatically when you insert your SIM card for the first time but this doesn't always happen. If you can't find it online you can also contact your operator who will be able to provide you with this number. Once you've inserted the message centre number you'll be able to send text messages.

Iris9290 

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Maxitaxi585

Hi. I have the same problem with my phone. Also a Nokia Asha 300. This issue is not a permanent issue with mine, and it happens about once a month. There is nothing wrong with my network. Full Signal, plenty of credit, as I am able to send text messages, and send and receive Whatsapp messages. The moment I put my sim card in another phone, all of the messages come through. This is definitely a problem with the phone, and I would suggest that you take this up with Nokia. I have recently dropped mine in the pool, as well as dropping on hard surfaces many times. Despite this, the phone still works.. Perfectly, apart from the text message issue which still occours. Cheers to a hardy little phone. I have just bought another one, so I will update after using the new one for a while.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Maxitaxi585

PS. I do not know what I set my passcode to so I am unable to do a soft reset. I think that the instructions given are pretty straightford, so give it a go. Please make Nokia Suite work on Windows 8!!! I cannot even install it. Update required please Nokia. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Maxitaxi585 wrote:

PS. I do not know what I set my passcode to so I am unable to do a soft reset. I think that the instructions given are pretty straightford, so give it a go. Please make Nokia Suite work on Windows 8!!! I cannot even install it. Update required please Nokia. :smileyhappy:

Are you using the latest version from HERE ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
urgent

Point to be noted:
In many old phones, first the phone uses the available memory on sim card for storing sms, contact name & no., etc.
If the sms were saved in sim memory just goto message>option>sim messages to see the sms saved in sim memory.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Maxitaxi585

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to install this version. I downloaded it again just in case there was an issue with the download. It installs about a third of the way on the blue bar and then stays there indefinitely. The images on the right keep changing as usual, and the computer works normally. I am using an Intel Core i5 2.9GHZ with 4GB RAM and plenty of HDD space. This does not seem to be compatible with Windows 8. Does anyone have this installed on Windows 8?

Please use plain text.
ansabkhalid

HELP!! Asha 300 text messages and apps are not loading

hi , i have bought this phone like few months ago . Everything was fine till this morning when my messages and apps werent opening . whenever i go to open my text it says 'message storage memory not ready' and when i go on apps it just keeps on loading for ages. HELP!!!

Please use plain text.
fiematai

hi Iris9290......i happen to come through the same problem as Puzzled2....but i have notice whenever my phone is dead and came on again i won't be able to receive or sent any text messages until i took the sim card off and put it in another nokia phone to receive text than put it in my Nokia 300 again to continue text again....however now i can't even do that.....m trying what you post and i hope my phone is going to well......
Please use plain text.
fiematai

hi Iris9290....

i did what you instruct Puzzled 2 and it did not work....it kept saying to check operator messages please can you look it up for i really need my txt bck....

Please use plain text.