Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Asha 302: How to set up the phone to have inte...

axel_bc
Accepted Solution

Asha 302: How to set up the phone to have internet sharing

Hello,

I need to know how to have internet to a computer connected via micro-USB cable to the Asha 302. I'm using a prepay GSM sim card from Orange Romania and I have all the settings needed on the phone to browse on the internet from the service provider. Using my Asha I can see web pages using the Nokia browser. Now I try to share this internet connection to a laptop which has Windows XP and Nokia PC Suite installed. I can connect my phone with the PC by BT or using the micro-USB cable without problems (Nokia PC suite identifies the phone establish the connection to it). By using the PC Suite I selected the option which allows the pc to connect to internet through the mobile phone. But no matter what configuration I select (even I set Orange Ro or I set up the Orange Ro proxy manually in PC Suite config) it does't work.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Re: Asha 302: How to set up the phone to have internet sharing

Hi axel_bc

Instead of using Nokia PC Suite we highly recommend to use Nokia Suite application, you can download the latest version from this link. After the installation connect your phone using a USB cable then select PC/Nokia Suite mode if prompted on the phone. 

On Nokia Suite software click on Tools > Connect to Internet.

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.
axel_bc

Re: Asha 302: How to set up the phone to have internet sharing

When I wrote that I'm using Nokia PC suite, I was wrong. I checked again the application installed on my computer and I have Nokia Suite v3.6.36. Let me see if I understood correctly: I have opened the Suite application and connected the phone to the pc via usb cable, and after the appl identified and connected to the phone, I have selected on the Suite appl: Connect to Internet. But this wasn't work. Even I tried to set manually the proxy settings for the Orange Ro. But after I updated the Suite appl to the latest version 3.7.22, I could managed to connect to the internet through my phone (this was done automatically after I slected Connect to Internet). Seems that the problem was fixed with the new version.

Thank you

Please use plain text.